DG Type 2 silencer question

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Hello all,
Just got my bike back from the shop because I couldn't figure out why it wasn't running right. It was a clogged muffler spark arrestor (which was stock and I tried to clean last winter). Anyway he put on a KX muffler (and rejetted it, it has the stock pipe). It runs incredible now. Pulls wheelies like crazy. But I need a quieter muffler with a spark arrestor. How is the DG Type 2 silencer with Cobra Sparky spark arrestor. Anyboby have this combo. I hope it's quieter then the KX muffler. My bike is an 88 KDX 200, new piston/rings new power reeds and no more fowling plugs (YET).
Oh, also, my mechanic said I should mix my gas / oil at 40 to 1 instead of 32 to 1 . I use Mobile full synthetic 2 stroke oil. What do you guys think about that?
Thanks

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Well, mine is a 1988 KDX and I'm not sure what year or size KX my muffler came off of but it's round (not oval) and about 6 to 8 inches long. I was lucky the mounting hole lined up. Only one bolt holds it on instead of 2 like on the stock muffler.
I could put a Cobra sparky spark arrestor on this KX muffler but I think it's still to loud for where I ride. But Damn it makes good power, for my bike anyway. Anybody have the DG type 2 silencer?

Top Bottom