DID 520ERV2 Master link question

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
What is the deal? Does the masterlink on this chain really not have a clip? i have never seen one like it but.... Will it be okay, any prolems and what is the proper way to put it on and take it off?

Thanks

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Here is a pic. The master link has no groves for a clip... the only way to differentiate from the res of the chain is that the prongs are hollow....

Attachments

• master.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 443

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
David - That's a rivet style master link. You need a tool to secure it. Check your PMs

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I've never used the ERV2 (I use the ERT or MX) chain so I don't know if there are any potential issues with using a standard style master link in place of the rivet style.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm fairly certain you can use a clip type master from an ERT chain for that model. However, I think the the ERT as well as the ERV may have an oversized pin that makes a standard master unuseable.
Did that chain come standard on your new ride, Dave?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I just checked the DID website and it doesn't look like they consider the two types interchangeable on the ERV2, but they do on the ERT.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
How did you get it mounted the first time? Or are you just showing us the back side of the master?
I'm just confused here...not trying to be a pest. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...Hey, whatever works! :)

I assume Rich has you fixed up now, yes?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…