ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Maybe this post should be in the Flame section, with that said I just received the latest issue of Dirt Bike in the mail. Although they had a nice write up on the '03 450 EXC they also dedicated the bulk of the issue to the "2003 250 MX bikes". They tested an RM, YZ, CR(honda), and a KX. At the end of the articles they did a little write up about which bike was best where during there short test. In addition they showed a photo of all the bikes with pro numbers on them, implying that the respective riders were riding those brands for '03. Now I know that KTM had a recall on the triple clamps associated with the '03's, I also know that the writers at Dirt Bike probably did not know that McGrath whose number sat on the YZ tested was riding Orange for '03 but come on! They did not even mention the KTM 250 SX in any of their rantings. To add insult to injury an '03 CRF 450 is also tested in the issue. The only four stroke that gets mentioned in comparison is the other rice burner, ie., the YZF 450. Last time I checked KTM was making a couple of pretty sweet RFS's for MX. At one time I thought the amount of print that a manufacturer got in DB was a function of the Advertising money spent with them. In the same issue KTM has a couple of great full page adds. Bad theory I guess. Even the prices of the KTM's are in line with the jap bikes, quality, stock is better, help me here guys, what am I missing. Do they just have a bad case of yellow fever?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What's wrong with yellow, you skeered of it or sumthin?!:p :) I'd probably have 30+ bikes in my garage if I went out and bought every one they thought was the best. No thanks, after I bought mine, I stopped reading which bike was the best cause I already had it.:thumb:

My idea, make all the bikes the same color, cover the engines and forks and let the riders do their tests. Then they can give their thoughts on them, how's that?

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
, I stopped reading which bike was the best cause I already had it.

BWAAAA HAHAH AHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHH AAA....cough.......cough.....BWA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.......breath..........BWAHAHAHAH AHA HAHAHAHAHHA :confused: :moon:

Seriously though, don't worry about what magazine's think, get the bike that you like. Fat mag editors arn't riding it for you are they?

PS. To elk.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH, BWAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I hear this from all angles, magazine X is nothing but YZ, magazine Y is nothing but CR, and so on. The bottom line is the fact that we all ride what we prefer and feel comfortable with. I have never thought my YZ was any better bike than any other manufacture. I have just been riding Yami since I started out. I based my decision on my own personal preferences. Get this, my preferences were the color of the ride and the model YZ sounded cool to me :) Go figure. I sure would never base my purchase on the mags, as I think there is bias in a lot of their articles.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Oh, I thought you guys were gonna rag on the fact that the mags don't proofread for diddly. For example, the latest Dirt Rider I got had a pic of Emig on the front cover. I open to the contents page to read the caption and it says somthing to the effect "Jeff Emig tries out the new '03 KX250."

...wait a minute, I think, and turn back to the front cover...

Yup, he's riding a KX125 in the picture. Dumbasses.

And Dirt Bike did the same last month... same bike too.

Soooo lame. Proofread guys. Proofread. :debil:

Top Bottom