dirtbike subscriptions?

Mar 16, 2007
ok so I paid for a years worth of dirtrider and also mx action magazines. I was thinking of subscribing to one more mx mag. theres alot out there. which do you think would be best? I was thinking transworld

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I f you want a magazine full of mis-information,I would suggest looking at the check out at the grocery store,mother has alien baby!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Subscribe to DRN. It will no doubt have useful and accurate information that will conflict with the two you have already subscribed to but it will at least be current and correct.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
I personally like Racer X. I have a Dirt Rider subscription and I like DR for the bike reviews and other tech articles, but when it comes to race coverage you cant beat Racer X.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Octane250F said:
I personally like Racer X. I have a Dirt Rider subscription and I like DR for the bike reviews and other tech articles, but when it comes to race coverage you cant beat Racer X.

If you like news thats 3-4 months late. Kidding, I love it, but I haven't subscribed to it. It's more or less because of the fact that in the summer I buy golf, and occasionally I'll buy a hockey magazine. I like having a choice, I wouldn't mind subscribing to one or two though.

Racer X is a good magazine, but in reality, it's all about personal preference.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
I agree it is personal preference. You could find negative things about any magazine. I personally dont like TWMX because IMO its too anti 4-stroke.
About the info being somewhat dated, I wont deny that but I think that with a magazine that only comes out once a month and tries to cover every aspect of off-road motorcycle racing with as many pics as you get with Racer X that they do a pretty good job.

Mar 16, 2007

how are they anti 4 stroke? I have never really read a whole magazine, only browsed through them at my local store.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
I find that Dirt Rider and Dirt Bike seem to have a lot of GNCC and Off-Road coverage if you like that sort of thing - not my cup of tea.

Racer-X is fun to read as well as TWMX. The occasional MXA is somewhat entertaining if you can stomach the same crap. Out of the lot, I'd say Racer-X would be worth a year hitch if your looking for one more although I'd probably drop both of your current subscriptions.

Good luck

kta176

Jan 12, 2007
RacerX akways has some good articles on the riders both here and in Europe, usually they have an article about the history of the sport.
I like Transworld too but it's kinda of the Tiger Beet of Motocross
Dirtrider has some moto but it's mostly offroad, they have some good bike builds and reviews,

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I prefer RacerX, but also have a sub to Transworld. The mag I'm interested in trying is MXillustrated as it comes out every two weeks so it is a little more current, shipping costs to Canadian subscribers have kept my from subscribing so far.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…