Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Posts get deleted if they are inappropriate.

Posts seem to get deleted but were actually moved to the correct forum.

It's either one or the other.

Mully

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Okie gave me the black chopper this week so you probably will not see it in your area. I'm using it to get me to a Hare and Hound this weekend. This should be a blast! I'll post pictures later.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
georgia_tom said:
what's the black helicopters?
DRN has a chopper that is loaned out to Support Team Members that have been around for a long time. In most cases each member gets use of the chopper for one week but exceptions can be made. The chopper is capable of transporting 2 bikes, 3 person (Plus the pilot) and about 500 pound worth of gear. The only cost to us is the fuel, insurance (for the week you use it only) and whatever your local airport charges for a parking on a pad.

I used it last year and I cost be about $400 bucks total but it's a blast to arrive at the races in a chopper. It really turns heads and everyone thinks you are some pro ride.

Out here is California most of my races are in the desert so landing there is not a problem. If you ride tracks landing the chopper near by is usually going to require a permit from the city if you can even get them to give you one.

I'll try to post picture from last year if I can find them.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
oldguy said:
Thumbs you have been a bbbaaaaadddd boy and Okie will deal with you himself. Now everyone will want to join just to use it :think:
Dude, it's not like a huge secret anymore. Beside the waiting list is about 2 1/2 years long at this point. I think the next open weekend is somewhere in November of 2010.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
thumbs said:
Dude, it's not like a huge secret anymore. Beside the waiting list is about 2 1/2 years long at this point. I think the next open weekend is somewhere in November of 2010.
cool just in time for my birthday can i reserve it on the 11th?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I can confirm that Thumbs used the chopper, I couldn't believe my eyes when he dropped in at the race that day! I was like, WTF!

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
thumbs said:
DRN has a chopper that is loaned out to Support Team Members that have been around for a long time. In most cases each member gets use of the chopper for one week but exceptions can be made. The chopper is capable of transporting 2 bikes, 3 person (Plus the pilot) and about 500 pound worth of gear. The only cost to us is the fuel, insurance (for the week you use it only) and whatever your local airport charges for a parking on a pad.

I used it last year and I cost be about $400 bucks total but it's a blast to arrive at the races in a chopper. It really turns heads and everyone thinks you are some pro ride.

Out here is California most of my races are in the desert so landing there is not a problem. If you ride tracks landing the chopper near by is usually going to require a permit from the city if you can even get them to give you one.

I'll try to post picture from last year if I can find them.

Wait, wut!?

Where do I sign up. :laugh:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Damn, I always wanted to go to the races in a chopper, preferably black, stealth black. And with the rim mechanic in another thread. I think my Min-Pin took my tin hat! Now I have to find my pork chop necklace, unbelievable!

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
its kinda cool to see how far dr has come though eh? (im not talking about the "chopper".

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
well guys, ive finally done it! im going to pick up a 94 rm 125 this weekend for $700. im glad that oldguy talked me into buying it straight up, i dont have to go worrying about payments. all it needs is some new gas and some clutch plates.

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
i cant wait! btw, what is the best mix i can get at Oreilly's or Walmart?

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
im not sure if O'reillys carrys yamalube. if they do, ill get that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom