Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
Yes I know it is early... really early but I just wanted to say something about it. Okie can you pleaaase look at Budd's Creek for it? in the history of me bieng here it's never been on the east coast and I think Budd's would be an awesome spot. Outdoor national motocross circuit, Enduro track if I recall, flat track as well. If some of you want to go to Easton (the Landings a complex with7 or 8 tracks on it. very nice place) it's only about an hour and a half from Budd's. There is also a new park that just opened right down the street from budd's if any DRN'ers want to ride there. I just think Budd's would be an awesome place. Maybe if we could pull some strings we could get in the week before the national there (Fathers Day) and we could possibly ride with some pro's? hmm just putting the idea out in the open!:aj:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Tahat would be awesome if it could be pulled off. Problem is the we need an area that is going to cooperate for the least amount of $$$. Renting a track the week before a national would probably not work as the pre event setup for a national is unbelievable. Then there are Okies considerations- he has to rent the area and do our set up. Casey worked great because there is a large midwest contingent of Mods and the fact that the track is within 4 hours of Okie helped . The Cooperland area is also doable due to the large contingent of Texas Mods and the Heartland Spodes being able to hopefully overcome logistics of distance for Okie.
Overall tho the biggest factor is whether the owner of the property is willing to take us and keep it in a managable cost level. I am sure if the logistics could be worked out it might be a future consideration.

Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
I agree with you on the national aspect but I talked to a rep from Budd's this morning and said that for one day six people could rent the track for 50 per person. Now if we sell 75 tickets for a 6 day event the cost would be $24 for each ticket. Not bad in my mind. I would pay it. Maybe some people could donate extra money for the event. I know i would along with a few of my good friends.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I doubt an east or west coast Dirt Week will happen. Taking in to consideration that there are members from coast to coast (and around the world) a central location as the official Dirt Week digs is logical. Heck there's some taking issue with the '02 site being Cooperland in the middle of Oklahoma how in the world could an extreme east of west coast site even be thought of. Sure it would be cool to have it in everybodies back yard but that's not possible. I think the best you can hope for is going to be a rotation between LTM (Casey), Cooperland, and Fox Valley which are all central US locations. That is not to say that you or a DRN group in the area couldn't set something up (aka a "Spodefest") but I'd bet that's as good as it will get.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
According to Mr. Beasley, Budds Creek is no longer rented out to the public.:whiner:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey, if we talking central, A Colorado, or Arkansas or even Missouri venue would make a nice alternative. Hmm the Ozarks in fall, that would be sweet !

As to the far East, West, North or South are concerned, regional spodefests are the way to go, the Heartland spodes just put on a fantastic weekends spodefest at Mackenzie Lake Amarillo, and we had a ball of a time. Join one of the local DRN chapters and set up your own weekend fest. If you can keep driving time to within 7 or 8 hours, you can get quite a large gathering, keep it to 2 days, and get to meet your local DRN spodes. Save the one big fest for DirtWeek.

I think dirtweek needs to be a spring/early summer fest, those Northern spodes are so eager to ride, maybe this would be the best way to start the year, also gives you time to plan while being snow bound, save you from cabin fever ! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's the ticket.

Join one of the local DRN chapters and set up your own weekend fest. If you can keep driving time to within 7 or 8 hours, you can get quite a large gathering, keep it to 2 days, and get to meet your local DRN spodes. Save the one big fest for DirtWeek.
Bundu is right. You can put together a 2-3 day weekend fest with little effort. Get the word out by posting in the Chapters forums and then get a thread going in the Places to ride forum. The Amarillo fest brought folks together from three states. Some were only an hour and half from me but I met them at Lake MacKensie, 8 hours away.:confused: The idea of a Dirtweek in your backyard is nice but kinda hard to pull off for a national gettogether.:mad:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by BunduBasher
I think dirtweek needs to be a spring/early summer fest, those Northern spodes are so eager to ride, maybe this would be the best way to start the year, also gives you time to plan while being snow bound, save you from cabin fever ! :)
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!:aj:
If it were in the Spring or early Summer that would be a dream come true.:cool:
I know that it's a pipe dream, but a guy can dream can't he?
Anyway the Local DRN Chapters seem to be taking off pretty well. We should be able to put together a two or three day (un)organized event.

Last edited:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by Papakeith
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!:aj:
If it were in the Spring or early Summer that would be a dream come true.:cool:

Hmm, here in Tejas we're tryin to get as much riding in as possible before it gets too hot..........................Then we gotta wait till September or October for really comfy weather.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, Texas gets its spring early, however when it starts getting too hot down here, it is probably ideal up North.

I think an April or May fest would be just the ticket, also Dirtweek in fall clashes with the LL ride (what the heck LL now has a spring and fall ride).

A pre-season fest at Casey before all the racing starts would be ideal. Also if we have it at Cooperland, you probably can have it even earlier - now that should pique the organizers interest. Why suffer cabin fever, when you can head to Oklahoma for the fest of all fests to start out the year - also, this way, you don't have the fest, the organizational duties, finding sponsors etc clash with your summer and fall riding.

Anyone else get a good vibe for a spring fest ?

BTW, we just had our inaugural Amarillo Winterfest and it was a blast - gotta love living down south :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Also if we have it at Cooperland, you probably can have it even earlier -

a spring dirtweek in oklahoma is not a good idea. there is a good possibility of getting rain for several days straight. october weather is unbeatable.

btw, it is never too hot to ride.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Bundu, Any time you guys want to ride up here let us know. The Heartland Spodes will be happy to host you guys. We owe you all big for the great ride at MacKenzie.

The 500 at Stillwater would be the best place though.

Top Bottom