Do different brands of fuel runs better/worse?

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I have noticed that Amoco gas makes my bike seem to run better. I don't know if I just got a fresh load of gas or if it's something in Amoco's fuel that helps the bike run more like it should. It always seems I get a lot of spooge and finicky jetting, but the last two tanks of gas have been Amoco - NO spooge, and the jetting has remained spot-on! With my usual Sunoco, it seems I have to jet for each tank of gas!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Seems odd cause I feel I have my best results from running Sunoco Ultra (94 oct.). I had my CR125 jetted for nothing but Sunoco Ultra @ 32:1 and didn't have no problems with Sunoco.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm a fan of the sunoco fuel as well, always get good results with the 92 and 94 grade fuels.

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Gasolines are being formulated (federal regs) for smaller and smaller areas of the country. In some cases, city by city. Your Sunoco 94 in PA can be vastly different than the Sunoco 94 in NY. On top of regional variations, seasonal changes are also made in gasoline formulation. Summer vs. Winter fuel.
Combine Uncle Sam's fiddling with your fuel and normal temperature and humidity changes and you can have a fulltime job jetting your bike!

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
nothing wrong with sheetz, but not for hi performace 2 strokes, I hear stay away from it for bikes but I have bad luck with the local citgo.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
The only reason I said sheetz was ,every time I stop in pa on my break it always seems I am attracted to them,I do like their stores though..
ARE YOU GUYS STOKED i AM STOKED. :scream: :scream:

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
ya sheetz dominates, my neighbor grew up next doot the the sheetz family way back when, so hes kinda trained us to like sheetz.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom