Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i rode aroun on my bike for a long time at 1/4 throttle, it ran like it choked up, and woulnt rev out, just a deep sounding bllrrrrrr sound.. then i looked at the plug, and it was oily and black. i did recently replace my fuel inlet needle in my carb and automatically assumed i should run my bike rich so i put in richer jets,, i guess i should go back down huh? also, the midrange was spuddering.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
My rule of thumb, and someone please correct me if I am out of line, if the air screw adjustment is more than 2 turns out go leaner on pilot. Less than one turn out go richer pilot. Perform plug chops for the main.

Last edited:

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
The air screw controls the amount of air mixing with the fuel from the pilot jet. If you have the air screw more then 2 1/2 turns out and the gas to air mixture is still to rich (Bogging off idle), then go with a smaller pilot jet. This is because the air screw only has an effect for about the first 2 1/2 turns. After that, the hole it uncovers is wide-open, so the only thing left to adjust is the pilot jet size. See http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/carbtuning.html

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom