do they vary on milage?

drisheavy

Nov 24, 2002
Im going to purchase a late model kdx200 soon. Im also going to make it street legal. It is still a simple thing here in Nevada. The question is are all the late model kdx200's pretty much the same as pertaining to range they can travel on a stock tank? Im looking for 96 to probably 02 years , anybody that has owned multiples please clue me in . if there is no big difference I will go with the cleanest year I find. thanks for your yime to respond.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Differences between 1996 & 2003 are "bold new graphics", colour of tank/seat/bags. Go for the cleanest year you can find.
Check all the usual things - how often the oil's been changed, air filter, bearings greased, top end replaced.
Kawasaki recommends tranny oil being replaced every 600 miles/1000k. I think this is too long, so replace mine about every 200k. I like to be able to recognise that it was oil once, not black sludge. (previous owner must have stuck to the book on that, as first oil change I wondered what he'd put in it lol).
If it's missing an airbox lid, don't stress about that, it's a common modification. Check out the top post in this forum about what to do when you get a new bike, lots of helpful tips in Canadian Dave's pages, along with a timeline & all sorts of other info.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…