Does anyone have a Nntendo Wii? I have a parental question

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I want to know if there is a way to restrict game play time to a certain amount of hours per week. Is this possible? I know I can restrict game ratings, but I am after overall time. There must be a way to do this, does anyone know?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
can you restrict the channel needed for the game to play through your television menu?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm a believer in a more active method of restricting stuff like that. Passive never really works, as they tend to find a way around it.

If your kids aren't respecting the limits you lay down, there's something going on that should be addressed.

Just my opinion though, so it's probably worth less than the electricity it took to transmit this post.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
IndyMX said:
If your kids aren't respecting the limits you lay down, there's something going on that should be addressed.
Agreed. I just didn't realize how many hours the thing was being used. I took a look at the (buried in the parental controls section) hours of use section and found that they had spent 4+ hours on one game on a Saturday. I have actually never said that they could only spend so much time on the system yet but now I think I am. I was just wondering if there was an internal switch I could use to help.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
MikeT said:
I was just wondering if there was an internal switch I could use to help.

Mike. I prefer an external switch to get their attention. Go out in your backyard and cut a long thin branch off of a tree and tell them if you go over the time limit that I set, I'm gonna' use this switch on your bare lil' butts. :whoa: :yikes:

It's always worked for me. ;)

Let the bashing begin. :nener:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ol'89r said:
Mike. I prefer an external switch to get their attention. Go out in your backyard and cut a long thin branch off of a tree and tell them if you go over the time limit that I set, I'm gonna' use this switch on your bare lil' butts. :whoa: :yikes:

It's always worked for me. ;)

Let the bashing begin. :nener:

Amen brotha..

My grandmothers were both switch masters..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
01HondaCR said:
^You two are old. :)
^ u r 2 young 2 no

My dad had a big black leather belt that also happened to hold his Levis up that was very effective. Grandma had the willow tree so there was an endless supply of switches.

I also choose to use the direct method. If kids can't keep track of how much time they are doing something then I guess they need to spend more time learning how to tell time. Mine figured it our pretty quick when I said you get "x" and he went "x+" so I took the power cord until he had "3x" in the bank. :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Some of you might have. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
that damn wii will suck you in. At least it's less passive than most of the other systems out there.

My ol' man likes the bowling part, since he used to roll back in the day. But the kids still kick his butt.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
that damn wii will suck you in. At least it's less passive than most of the other systems out there.

My ol' man likes the bowling part, since he used to roll back in the day. But the kids still kick his butt.

I'm diggin my new PS3.. I play it far too much.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
MikeT said:
Agreed. I just didn't realize how many hours the thing was being used. I took a look at the (buried in the parental controls section) hours of use section and found that they had spent 4+ hours on one game on a Saturday. I have actually never said that they could only spend so much time on the system yet but now I think I am. I was just wondering if there was an internal switch I could use to help.

One time I disappeared into the basement for 3 days straight trying to beat one of the early final fantasy games (I think).

Those kids are light weights :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
James said:
One time I disappeared into the basement for 3 days straight trying to beat one of the early final fantasy games (I think).

Those kids are light weights :)
You see, now I know why I want to nip this in the butt now before they become like.... Oh, sorry James! :)

Top Bottom