KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
After basically rebuilding my whole bike I have been called to have corneal graft surgery and wont be able to ride for the next year. DOH. :bang: :bang: :bang: Oh well I guess I have plenty of time to save for my auto clutch, scotts or wer, RB carb mod, KX fork swap etc etc... This is probably not the most appropriate place to post this but I know my KDX brothers and sisters will Know how I feel. I appologize for my future posts spelling and grammar as Im having a hard time typing one eyed. Have a ride for me guys..... Cheers Trev

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Yep I had a cornea that was conical in shape instead of a symetrical uniformed curve. The graft took 3 hours and the tissue needed had to be from an organ donor.They basically cut out the surface of my eye, replaced it with the donor tissue of the same size and through a series of about 20 tiny stiches re attach it onto my eyeball and refill with nessecary fluids. If your wondering YES its as painfull as it sounds. They knocked me out first, gave me anaesetic in my eye, woke me to perform the surgery. So I was pretty much consious the whole time but without any feeling in my eye. Strange thing to watch your eye being popped. Sorry if I grossed anyone out but you can blame pdiddy he asked LOL.....

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
That stinks. I'm afraid they'd have to sedate me if I couldn't ride. Maybe it won't be as long as they say. :(

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Here's hoping mate.... The other problem is Im allergic to codeine so they couldnt give me any pain relief medication. Double DOH...

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Dude, so sorry to here that. I just had surgery on my shoulder and will be out for 6 to 8 weeks and I thought that was bad. Good luck and I'm hopein for a speedy recovery for ya bro.

Later
Elf

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
My CRF/x riding buddy can see out of only one eye.

YOU try to catch him....or get him OFF yer butt.

Maybe if he had two good eyes he'd be a lot slower! ;)

Best wishes! Exercise it properly (whatever that means) and you'll be back on your scooter quicker'n a wink.

OW! Not THAT one!

;) or, .) ?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
jpm200 said:
Hope you heal quickly.

I thought you were about to get the suspension worked over by Terry Hay.

He doesnt think it would be good idea for him to tune it without seeing me ride first so thats why I left that one out..
Thats an inspirational story CC. My hat goes off to your mate and thanks for your wishes. :thumb:

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Hope you heal up quick and get back on the bike KAY DEE EXER!

I rode with a guy in the mid 80's that lost his left arm at the shoulder when he was a kid. Me moved the clutch lever to the right side of the bars, modified the throttle and brake controls so he could control them all with his right hand. The guy was amazing! We were riding in some pretty hairy areas and I only remember the group having to stop for him a couple of times while he got out of some rocky areas.
He owned the local Kawasaki shop at the time and sponsored a racing team. The name of the racing team was "BANDIT RACING" Get it? One arm bandit.......

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Sorry to hear about that mate, you get well soon. Then have a ride for all of us!!!

Jim

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
G'day Trev, sorry to hear you're incapacitated. Best wishes for a complete & fast recovery. Sux about the codeine allergy - bummer, does that mean you can't take heroine either? hehe, jokes. At least you've got a fresh engine in the KDX, good to go as soon as you're back on the seat!

Hey I noticed in another thread you said you use Motul 800 at 40:1 and I meant to ask how your bike is jetted. I just switched to Motul 800 and (actually it was already jetted too rich) I haven't got around to fixing my smoky jetting. How does yours run? Got a good starting point for main and pilot jets?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Good luck with a speedy recovery. Then get back in the saddle!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I had one of these grafts over 12 years ago. It was a real pain in the butt. MANY, Many trips back to the doctor to have the stitches removed.

After a year or so I was fitted with a contact lens. My vision was 20/15. I can see better than most young children. My cornea is way over 100 years old at this point (seriously).

Take your time, relax, and enjoy the down time. Maybe it is time to restore the bike or something. As I recall, I could do heavy lifting again after 8 weeks.

Best of luck to you. Oh yea, always wear GOOD eye protection when your using a dremel tool.

aintskeerd

Aug 19, 2004
A friend of mine recently had an operation to correct a detached retina. He made it a point to do everything the doc told him to, and he recovered very nicely.

I recently had some surgery, and am beter now than before the operation. Use this time to work on something you normally would not if completely active.

I hope that you recover soon!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thanks all for your kind wishes and advice, it goes along way.
lankytim said:
G'day Trev,
Right back at ya Timmy. Now re: jetting I havent tried jetting with the stock needle. I changed the needle pretty much when I started playing with the jetting. Right now Ive got a 152 main, 45 pilot but thats with a CEL 2nd clip from top. As an educated guess I wold start with 155/45 combo and go from there. If u havent already toss or mod the airbox lid that will help lean it back out a tad. Well the eye is sorta open, very sensitive to light but damn my vision is DODGY at the moment. Oh well time should heal all wounds they reckon. Cheers guys and ride on for me..... I'll be back.....

Top Bottom