JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
TP has announced that he has begun training for a return to SX racing. He plans to contest the US Open of Supercross in a a one-off deal.

Apparently he WON'T be running the AMA SX series.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I hope that he does get back into SX/MX, but I also hope he doesn't rush anything. He's got to stop injuring himself! He's one of my favorite riders...he rides with passion and intensity, is very good with the fans, and is very down to earth. He may do some stunts that are a bit extreme, but that's what he does for a living! I hear a lot of people talk about him as setting a bad example, but I think he's a perfect example of what a racer should be!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I hope that he does get back into SX/MX, but I also hope he doesn't rush anything. He's got to stop injuring himself! He's one of my favorite riders...he rides with passion and intensity, is very good with the fans, and is very down to earth. Most of all though, you can tell that when he's out there, he's out there to have a good time. He may do some stunts that are a bit extreme, but that's what he does for a living! I hear a lot of people talk about him as setting a bad example, but I think he's a perfect example of what a racer should be!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I kind of lost interest in Pastrana, when he was getting his ass routinely kicked and said something like: "...well, ya know, I really don't like to get out there in front. It's kinda boring. For RC, winning races is all it takes to give him a rush. Me? I like to be back there in the crowd mixing it up, going bar to bar."

:silly: :silly: :silly:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Ronron stated on today intvw on racerx that he doesnt think TP will be with Team suzuki in 2004.
..I'd like to see him comeback in the future and kick some tail.
will it happen, I dont know.
I have been a Travis fan a long time and wont discard him into the scrap pile per the majority. Give him some time and see what happens. I guarantee you that once he does decide to come back and if he is teamless, there will be a scurry to pick him up. Look at Kdub, people badmouthed him on his return stating that even if he was back to old form, you never knew which Kdub would show up. Now, at the end of this season, If Honda cant get the deal done (which he has said isnt done and is unsure of his whereabouts next year), there will be teams making a move for him.. just because he beat RC 2 motos? darn straight, he is the only one, and an injury to RC can make him top dog. The day Travis physically cant ride anymore is the day that the buzz about him will cease.
Just making my point that I would like to see TP be successful again, as I did with KDub.
Not trying to open up any discussions with regards to TP's past performances, for we have all covered those topics well in the past.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I'm over TP.  My prediction:  He'll win his heat race, and everyone will be stoked, then he'll wad himself up going into the first turn of the main event, break the bike and pop out any of his frail body parts.  But, through determination, he'll get back on the bike and charge through part of the pack with no clutch before he pulls off halfway through the event and passes out.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I'll be content to wait and see if it happens as opposed to sitting around and predicting his failure. If he comes back...GREAT. If not, so be it. Enough interest will be generated if he comes back and makes a good run at it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Like too see him comeback without a factory ride, see if he really is hungry or blowing smoke..

Top Bottom