KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
If it's the Terry Cable kit you're talking about - I tried one on my 97 CR500 with mixed results.

It is very important to get the right oil viscosity as the first 4" are controlled by a bleed hole and too light oil can cause "patter" of the front wheel and lousy steering.

Overall I would lean towards a good revalve unless you do the work yourself and get a good deal on the kit - be prepared to get in to your forks a couple of times until you get it right.

endurohero

Apr 16, 2003
thank you for the reply. The forks work fine now after my latest valve set up and I saw an article in an old dirt rider mag and was just wondering if the article was accurate on its claims.The explaination of the "holes" in the rebound check plate made me wonder how the low speed comp was controlled and how "loose" it would feel when riding .I also understand that most mags dont have the ability to review many products with an open mind or clear understanding of the infinitum of variables that makes forks good in the real world. Just because the fork worked well in the desert doesnt help me a holebunch, living in a rain forest like i do. thanx

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom