Drink System?

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Im lookin at the MSR Hydro that mounts to the back of the chest protector. My Q. is when the system is filled up and your riding, will the pak pull down on the back of the chest protector, making the front come up close to your throat? Kinda hard to explain. its seems like a nice system and it holds i think 54oz? What do you guys think? I just wondered if someone has this system and what they think?

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
All of the drink systems pull down a bit depending on the amount of liquid and the design of the chest protect--just simple laws of physics. Now some guys wear the drink system underneath their chest protectors!

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I wondered?? i guess your right. so it dont matter, just pick one that fits me huh? Cool i think i can handle that. i really like the MSR one so i think i might get it.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
walmart in the bicycle dept.NEXT brand drink system/pack .holds 70 oz,and has zipper pockets .....29.00. no matter what u get or how much u spend if u end up on ur back ....."pop" :)

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Kind of like an air bag -- it saved one of my riding buddies from a potentially bad back injury after going over tht bars in 5th gear. It exploded, his back didn't. Now maybe we make a water filled helmet ???

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
In the summer I fill my Camelbak with half ice and half water and then soak the whole thing with water before putting it on under my chest protector. Helps alot with cooling.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…