DRN Acquired by Clear Channel Communications, LLC

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I thought I'd let all the great members of this site know what's going on before they see it in a press release somewhere. DRN has been acquired by CCC. This has been in the works for over a year, but I have not been at liberty to discuss it publicly.

We aren't going anywhere, at least not in the near future as I have been retained for 6 months to assist in the transition . I've been assured there will not be "wide-sweeping changes" to the site as we know it, but to expect various "improvements" to the overall site and of course CCC branding.

What this means to our current subscribers and Support team members is unclear. I do regret to say that the current "staff" will be released and replaced with CCC employees.

More later as I get a draft of the press release.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:think:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
That's some funny sheet.... :rotfl:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, I'll bet Roy Damn Mercer will be the moderator of the Flame Forum! He is an employee of CCC, that's your KMOD, 97.5, in Tulsa!
"How big a ol' boy are ya, OKIE?"

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
..for an "undisclosed" sum of pesos...... in the form of discount coupons for maria-juana in Tijuana...

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Do you get to share in the law-suit too?

Happy April 1st!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
So this means that we can now officially whine to Okie about all the money this site has made him. :p :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
kmccune said:
So this means that we can now officially whine to Okie about all the money this site has made him. :p :)

No .... he can "wine" us! :boss:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Dang! I fell for it til I started reading all the other posts!

Gullible Nat

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I heard all of the subscriber rates have gone way up. Now, Okie has to help them pay off their $90. mil debt.

Ohhhh! This doesn't look good. ;) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Top Bottom