04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
when you guys shut off your bikes like when your done riding for the day do you guys run your carb dry? ive been doing it because i heard that the oil eats the o rings/seals etc up. is that true? thanks
chris

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Sounds hokey to me, but it used to work on my '57 Johnson 18 hp outboard. I think materials have improved some since..

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
i usually do it not totally dry but partly just in an effort to stop my bike from fouling when i first start it up, it seems to be working so far.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I only do it when i'm letting the bike sit for atleast about 2 weeks or more. I run race gas so that stuff gums up the carb real fast, but even with premium fuel, i'd drain it the same.

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I tend to let it run when im loading and let some fuel run out. Thats only to keep it from running out of the overflow tube on the trailer ride home. I run Sunoco 118 mixied with preimuim / Klotz Techniplate oil (40:1) and have not had any build up or problems as of yet.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I crack the drain on the bottom when the bike is going to sit longer than a day or two. This just helps prevent fouling on start up for some reason. Running a two stroke out of gas is not a real good thing to do, as the fuel - oil mix is your lube.

Top Bottom