O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Got a 2003 drz 110 for my son for Christmas, bike idles fine and seems to run fine. I havent had the chance to really ride it on the dirt yet so Im not sure its getting warmed up all the way but I dont think it should do what its doing.

Again this is when not fully warm, but if you crack the throttle it has a tendency to stutter, if you open the throttle wide open from idle it will either stutter as it tries to rev up(but does rev out in a sec or two), or it will stall out completely.

Last night I went through and cleaned the air filter, air box, cleaned up the carb., and changed the oil.. it seems better than it was before but it didnt solve the problem.

I am unsure of the condition of the fuel in the bike.. I pulled the plug and while it wasnt new it didnt look damaged or anything, o-ring type seal on the carb float bowl looked pretty flat, possible air leak there?- would it cause this condition?

Anything else I should look at? any ideas appreciated.

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
I just got back from taking the 110 for a quick ride, bike rides totally normal and even got a little wheelie I didnt expect in second. At end of ride when warm bike did not stall out if throttle was opened to full from idle, but did still stutter quite a bit.

Any help appreciated.

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
You mentioned you cleaned up the carb did that mean pulling the jets and chasing/ confirming the passages with cleaner? if so always use the freshest gas and make sure you have the exact spark plug that is recommended i.e. resistor or non resistor. if none of these things help re post

D

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
I didnt have carb cleaner on hand, I did blow through everything I could with my mouth to check the passages. I did verify that it does have the correct spark plug. I used some 400 grit and sanded in between the electrode and the uh, other part just slightly to clean it up. I DONT know how fresh the gas is in it, or how old that plug is, its not new for sure- light borwn coloring.

The filter, airbox and carb were very dirty, but in the part from the carb to the engine- it was like new looking inside(manifold it might be, sorry been 16+ years since I worked on bikes and I dont have a manual yet.)

The bike runs fine at wot, makes good power otherwise, but if its sitting there idling and you whack the throttle open to full it will stutter and cough before/while picking up rpms.

edit:
Im hoping its possibly bad gas or bad gas and an old plug, the kid I bought it from said he hadnt ridden it in a long time, other things werent maintained so I assume the plug wasnt.

When I picked up the bike they had put new throttle assembly and grips on it that day they said, I wondered why the throttle was slow to return so I took it apart and found they put glue on the grips and the bar lmao, so had to fix that the first day :rotfl:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom