DuMMie to 2 stroke

250 phil

Jul 18, 2004
ok hellow i recently bought a cr250 and this used to be a racing bike .. but im gonna just use it to go in tight trails at a moderate to slow pace.. what should i do to keep the bike from screwing up .. what octane should i run for the plug

250 phil

Jul 18, 2004
MAitnence

hey got me a cr 250 1991 .. what do i do to maintain.. i havnt a clue . this bike has all the goodies .. i believe its dynoed to

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
First not to burst your bubble but weather it was on a dyno or not means nothing inless you have the print out even then it won't help much other then a good idea (I say that because every dyno slightly differs) of your torque and horsepower numbers. As far as maintaining you bike there is a few things you really have to do. Off the top of my head theres cleaning the air filter, oiling the chain, and inspecting for general wear. I know for a fact there is others but I'm really having a brain laps at the moment sorry.

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
u could put a flywheel weight in it to slow the revolutions of the engine, to prevent it from stalling-i would run 93 octane-if it is just going to be for woods u could run a hotter plug if needed-

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
Yep, what souphmars said about a weightier flywheel. It won't slow it, just let it be happier/smoother at lower revs. You can prolly do this and get a lighting coil at the same time. I know I like to have lights for woods bikes. It gets dark a lot earlier in the deep woods.

Get bark busters for your hands' sake.

Lower the final drive gearing(sprockets, smaller front/bigger rear) so that your ground speed forces the engine to rev higher in general.

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
HURRY! Get a service manual ASAP. That will be your first step down the road of enlightenment.

250 phil

Jul 18, 2004
ok

but one thing. my friend said something about relieving the gas pressur in the shox is this true.. if i need to weres the screw

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Don't touch your shock. If you remove ANY of the nitrogen in the shock body you will severely mess up the shock internals. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Clean the air filter, change the oil and run a gas oil ratio of 32:1 in the tank (I recommend Maxima Super M 2-stroke oil). Use a NGK BR8ES spark plug and you should be good to go as is. Go ride it and get back to us.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Probably meant the air relief screw at the top of the forks. Do it while it's on a stand.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Is this a Troll? :think:

250 phil

Jul 18, 2004
hey i got my bike today the thing worx great
. i got a problem though, it way to tall. how can i lower it or weaken the spring

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
You could set the sag but i doubt that would help all that much, or spens a load of $ on longer dogbones. Id just deal w/ it. How tall and heavy are you?

250 phil

Jul 18, 2004
im all set with the seat

run rich but my cousin is gonna fix that
so .cya its been a nice thread

xerouse

Jul 27, 2004
What he was refering to is the air screw in the top of the fork. id recomend is do that on a center stand there the front tire has no wight on it.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I have an e-line coil on my bike. I guess it helps slower speeds and engine braking a bit, but no where near a 4-poker. Having a light is a HUGE plus in the woods. At 6pm it's light out, but in the woods, it's pretty dark in spots. After getting lost in the woods with no light, I ordered a lighting kit (200w) the next week. Easy install too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…