sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Some Illinois boys are thinking of going all the way down to Durham Plantation for 4 days (3 days riding). Seems like a long way to go from Illinois - unless the area is special. Any feedback on this place?

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I think you mean Durhamtown Plantation. I saw something just a few weeks ago on TV about that place. Looked like some good riding, lot of pine forest. Ive been considering going there some time. If you guys go and dont mind Id like to follow you down there. Ive lost most of my riding partners this last year. It is a pretty good way but sounds like it might be a good place. I have never been there but what I saw on TV looked pretty good.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I think you guys got something here. I have read some pretty good things about this place, and it also sounds like a good place for the kids to ride as well. the time frame sounds good. Could you post this again at a later date, and i would bet you could have a good size group to come down....................

cbob

Feb 4, 2004
Durhamtown is definitely primo to ride woods. There's a 21 mile tight woods loop that's fun. The guy invents new trail periodically.

The place is very kid friendly with a pee wee track and more dirt roads / easy trail than you can shake a stick at. The mx track is short, but ok to play on. I see lots of families so your kids can make friends, roost on 'em then go home ha.

He has lodging . . . next closest would be Greensboro GA on I-20 or Athens if you like college towns (UGA - gotta hate em).

He even rents bikes, atv's.

If you get totally bored (not likely) there's a USFS ORV area close by called Towns Creek ORV. Nice to change once in a while. Towns Creek is closed in winter.

Whatever you do, ride somewhere.

Best,
- c bob

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Towns Creek may be closed longer this time due to trail damage and need for extensive repairs. Not sure about progress.

DP MX track has a new back section added in September or so, and another new section in the works to make it about 2 miles I am told. It is better each time I go.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
my brothers buddies went there two weeks ago and said it was great.
i contacted every person i know and they give me the run around about going so,
i'll be off work until feb 23th and i want go.. anyone interested let me know and i'm available in two days notice...
i'm leaving from metro detroit!!!

CPred500

Aug 25, 2006
Durham

Very good riding, I live in jacksonville fl and have been there twice first time stayed in hotel second stayed there at the park the staff is very nice and its a blast even after riding is over they have a nice pool hall and the food and crown is very good as well you should enjoy.

G

Garrett00

Hi, I have never been to this plantation, i always go to West Virginia. Does this place compare to Bluefield and Hatfield Macoy trails? And does this place have good Mud holes and hill climbs?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom