06yz

May 2, 2006
Durhamtown Plantation is not closing. Their potential legal troubles were worked out this past April. It was all a bunch of political BS. They had to make some concessions - they removed the free style ramps and they had to let the county EMS be the first responders for all emergency calls. Go to http://durhamtown.com/ and check out their forum for more accurate info. They are definitely not closing, I have been 3 times since all this was going on.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
06yz said:
had to let the county EMS be the first responders for all emergency calls.

does this mean they will no longer have EMT on site as in past? that sucks if politics makes an injured rider wait longer...

06yz

May 2, 2006
tnrider said:
does this mean they will no longer have EMT on site as in past? that sucks if politics makes an injured rider wait longer...

I can't remember the exact details on the EMS but it is along these lines. Durhamtown is in one county but they were using the other county's EMS because it is closer. Now They have to use the EMS that is in their county, which I have heard will add 5-10 minutes to their response time. EMS is still on site on the weekends. :coocoo:

06yz

May 2, 2006
High Lord Gomer said:
Anybody interested?

:bang:
Hey Gomer, I would love to get a ride in at DP and make some more mx friends but I got majorly messed up this past weekend. I hit a 50' double but I only cleared 45'. I tore a ligament in the left ankle and tore 3 ligaments in the right ankle and broke 2 bones in the right ankle. :yikes:

Myself and some buddies have been making trips their once a month and all are invited. Obviously my mx riding is on hold for about 3-4 months, if you want send me your e-mail address. Whenever we plan a trip we send out mass e-mails to let people know. Enjoy this weekend.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom