Status
Not open for further replies.

RM125Guy

Jun 30, 2001
I know Hp means absolutely nothing if you cant use it or get it to the ground but, over the weekend i got a 1997 Yz 250. Just out of curiosity what numbers would this beast put on a dyno it has the following...Long rod kit,porting,rad valve,pc platinum pipe and fs silencer,uni filter, and wiseco piston. thanks for you time.. ;)

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
How much horse power a motor should make and how much it actually makes are two different things. The only way to know for sure is to put it on a dyno.

I get a kick out of people that tell me how much power their bike should make because of all the mods that were made. They are usually very dissapointed when they get actual numbers.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The tests for the stock bike showed around 42. Eric's book talked about the "long rod" motor making better midrange power. The best mod I have done to my 97 is a flywheel weight. I feel this made a much larger difference than the other engine mods by eliminating wheelspin. What good is any amount of power if the rear tire breaks loose constantly??

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Originally posted by smarttoys
How much horse power a motor should make and how much it actually makes are two different things. The only way to know for sure is to put it on a dyno.

I get a kick out of people that tell me how much power their bike should make because of all the mods that were made. They are usually very dissapointed when they get actual numbers.

:p I saw a similar scenario last weekend on TV...there were a bunch of "RICEBURNERS" at a car show,  they were asked how much HP their motors put out.  One guy said that he should be putting out about 265 HP "I have an Intake, Fart Tube, Headers, Blah blah blah etc etc."  To make a long story short, he was utterly humiliated when he only put out 97 at the wheels.  :laugh: 

Tons of bolt ons are not always good,  they have to work together.

I think it's funny when I run my stock pipe and silencer and people ask me why I haven't piped it,  most people around here seem to think that unless it's "PIPED" it can't be fast!!! (The more noise and shine, the better.)

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Stud, you speak the truth. I think the best reason to replace a stock pipe is when they get smashed beyond repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom