Silverback

Jan 4, 2002
Up-State N.Y. is a world apart from N.Y.C. Up here we have land, good water (that they pump south to the city) beer, wine, and wide open spaces. We got old pick-up trucks with rifle racks and bumper stickers that say “My kid beat up your honor student”. Mobil homes that don’t ever go Mobil. They just return to the land from which they came. Single track and snowmobile trails till your hearts content. Real people that split wood and hunt. A fashion statement is a new set of carharts. Vegetarian fare is what real food eats. I moved here from Vermont, because there are less New Yorker’s.
:p

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Re: Re: E.R.

Originally posted by zio
Is that 50? Must be, 'cause I can't think of any more.
U mist 1 i teenk ther mr zio.:)

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I hear that Pred. When I lived in DC the local bar patrons (I was a bartender then) called me 'spuddy'. Many frowned and commented on the hillbilly racists in Idaho. Thought I must've come over in a covered wagon. Some of these folks were from Fredrick MD. More like "Fredneck" talk about hillbillies...

Same was true when I lived in Georgia. A couple bad apples taint the whole states reputation.

North Idaho and South Idaho really have nothing in common different terrain, different atmosphere, and different ways of life.

So whats all this talk about North Idaho and South Idaho folks having different ways of life? I've lived up North and now back in S.Idaho. But let's not get into something like the great 'Ford vs Chevy' debate which can never be won... to me the whole state is great. My kids are gonna dig it!

Now I know that Pred has some issues with the S.Idaho dirt but with some therapy (Idaho City riding) we can probably get him all straightend out....;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Nah, Dahl, I got other issues. Spent 2 months living in a camp trailer in Caldwell while student teaching at Vallivue. What fun. :debil:

Idaho City . . . I may have to try that someday. It's almost north! ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I met a woman who had moved to Birmingham from Boston a few years ago. She told me that she was surprised at the level of civility she found in Birmingham. She also told me that her husband had convinced her that Birmingham would be just like the Dukes of Hazzard TV show.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Folks who have stereotypical perceptions of how things are in other parts of the country usually don't have to look farther than their own pourch to find the real bigots. These same folks are likely to believe that the rancid tripe the networks spew is the way things really are.

Oh and...liberal slant? HA! it's more like a full tilt campaign to sway public opinion for the upcomming elections. Actually, that is exactly what it is.
(being a God fearing Republican, when I sin...I watch an episode of Ally McBeal for punishment) (gag):)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Isn't a passport req'd to get into New Mexico?

Pred - I thought Couer D'Alene was the center of the white supremecist universe.... Didn't Metzger have a compound there that he was forced to sell to pay off a lawsuit?

Brian

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Isn't a passport req'd to get into New Mexico?
Nope, a passport won't do you and good here. What you need is a relative in State politics.:confused:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Liberals in Hollywood?
Say it isn't so Pred! :scream:

BTW - I know where Hayden Lake, ID is. It used to be a nice place until all the Liberals let the Aryan Nations move in. :mad:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Brian, it was Richard Butler and his Aryan crew up near Hayden Lake. Cd'A is still a fairly conservative area, but not white supremacists! The locals got the Aryan's booted out over an altercation some of Butler's guards had with a local kid. The ACLU stepped in and they helped this kid sue the Aryan Nation and Butler, and in winning forced Butler to give his "compound" to the kid. Now it's all gone.

Granted, we have our hillbilly freaks out there, but who doesn't? There's freaks everywhere, IMO.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
What about Mark Ferman? He still living up there some where?
Spent 2 months living in a camp trailer in Caldwell while student teaching at Vallivue.
That explains everything . :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yeah, I think Fuhrman lives up around Cd'A. He has a radio show on a Spokane AM station (KXLY 920), and I think he got a bad rap during the whole OJ fiasco. He actually seems pretty level headed. But I've never met the man or read any of his books, I'm only going by what I've heard on his talk show.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Spent 2 months living in a camp trailer in Caldwell while student teaching at Vallivue.

whoa man... we didn't know. Scarred for life I'm sure. That poor camp trailer. You didn't leave the poor thing there did you? We're here for you bud... just no cryin' and hugging OK? My advice to you... start drinking heavily. :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Absolutely right, XRP. there are hillbilliy's everywhere (Hello- The Clampets?!?!?!) Seriously, Cd'A is one of the most beautiful places in the country. And we took a hard look at moving there a while back, but decided it was just too far away from our home state & family. I know it's conservative, and that's where a great deal of people from CA are moving to escape the tar-pit of Kalifornia Liberalism & anti-family values. Same for Washington & Colorado.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I left this tread and started reading an article on Motorcycle Online. Not even ten minutes later look what I found. Its from an article on Supermotard. They were testing a bike that Damon Bradshaw raced in a 4-stroke natural. Here a quote.

Quote:

Come Hell or high water, we were going to find out what the hype was all about. We just hoped and prayed that, when all was said and done, we'd still be upright and Bradshaw's bike could be returned to him in one piece. He lives in Idaho now and has a Confederate flag painted on his helmet, after all. We hear he's a nice enough guy, but, "this is Minime. He's the one who ruined your bike," is never a good way to be introduced to someone known as "the Beast from the East."

I thought that I would throw a few logs on the fire.

Flame on!!!

200woody

Dec 5, 2001
Hearing all this talk about Idaho makes me miss the state even more. I lived in Twin Falls in 95. Coming from Kansas the Snake River Canyon was one amazing thing. When I lived there I worked in Boise, Pocetello, Idaho Falls, and Mountain Home. Visited as many places even up north and camped in as many places as I could. The Stanley Stomp on the Fourth of July being one of my most memorable. One place that also comes back is this bar in Idaho City were you would place a dollar on the wall label it and hope some day you would come back and it would still be there.I didn't have a bike when I lived there which really bummed me out, because I feel that southern or northern Idaho rocked! I'm back in Kansas again and love it here but I do miss the good times had.

Top Bottom