dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'm going with Yes to Question #1 and No on Question #2.

I'm about 100 miles north and felt it, but it was barely noticeable. If it had been a big one, that distance would not have been enough to avoid a major shaking. By acounts on local radio, it was a pretty good shake near the epicenter, but with little damage and no injuries reported so far.

I think they closed an office building down as a precaution.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I've heard everything from 5.4 to 6.0.

I hope all the other Cali types are OK.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I didn't even hear about it. I grew up in the area, and was at a school camp during the big one in (1969?) I feel SO much safer now here in the midwest, as we only have tornados and floods to deal with... oh wait, there's the New Madrid fault thing too :think: . Oh well, at least I'll die surrounded by conservatives :fft: :p

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
It was 5.4...a 98 pound weakling quake. Sharp jolt that only lasted a second or so here in Claremont ... not far from Chino Hills (the epicenter). Just strong enough to wake O'LadyWhiner.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
HEY! Who's shakin' my bed? :yell: STOP IT!

Damn! I only got 11 hours of sleep. :whoa:

It was a pretty good shaker. Out here we call it land surfing. :nener:

Only a 5.4. Hardly worth getting out of bed for. :fft:

Started with a jolt and then some shaking and then a rolling that lasted for about 3 minutes. I havn't talked to Carlo but there was some damage to a car dealership not far from his house.

No damage here but the horses had some pretty big eyes. :yikes:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
WooHoo, I just happened to be in Santa Ana yesterday (about 25 miles from the epicenter). Our office shook pretty good for about 4-5 seconds. They originally said it was a 5.8 then dropped it to 5.6 and eventually decided it was a 5.4. Energy wise about 1% of the Northridge quake. Pretty cool though.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Just talked to Carlo and everything is ok at his house. Only one broken glass in the cupboard. He said he was driving on the freeway and he thought someone ran into him.

Funny little story. I actually saw an earthquake once. :whoa:

I was working on my truck in a back alley behind a condo that we lived in many years ago. Had the truck up on jack stands and was laying on my back under the truck. Started to feel dizzy and laid my head down on the concrete. When I looked down the length of the alley, I could see the concrete alley undulating up and down like a long snake. The truck started rocking on the jack stands and I made my exit from under the truck very quickly. Pretty weird stuff.

Just part of the deal, living in la la land. :laugh:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
That's pretty weird, alright. I lived in CA for 10 years and always worried a little when I was under one of my cars. What really freaked me out was when I'd have to go under the crawl space of my house to do some plumbing upgrade or something. I'd get to feeling REALLY claustrophobic as I'd consider what would happen if a quake hit just then.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom