funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
Does anyone think any of the East kids can touch Villopoto?

Dungey seems to be the fastest one under even circumstances, but I think he might be a click off RV's pace.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Nope.

rmrider125

Jan 13, 2006
i think RV will take the shootout. he might have a lil battle at the start of the race, but im pretty confident that he wont have a problem taking the win.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
RV will win, but don't underestimate the disrespect factor. I think Townley and Dungey are gaining speed every week and probably don't like the disrespect they get. Plus Townley see's RV every day of the week at the practice track and is a World Champion. I think we will have a better race than people think. I think Townley has more talent than that and I'm sure given the caliber of rider that he is, that little extra motivation of everyone telling you that you suck will give him a boost also.

RV will still win though, I just don't think it will be a run away.

kx__ken

Mar 10, 2006
I like the kid.

My biggest hope is that he'll have something for JBS when he moves up. I'd be happy to see him take a big boy title.

Voxshall

Nov 23, 2005
Townley destroyed Cairoli in 2004 and Cairoli beat Villopoto straight up at the Desnations I also think Rattray and Pourcel has something for Villopoto.

But that is Motocross and this is Supercross.

I think - if we don't count last year as Townlrys debut, Townley is doing better than Villo did in his first supercross series. But Villo is on form and has much more supercross and arenacross experiance than Dungey and Townley and Townley has not found his 2005 speed.

I think Lawrance will win it because he has more to gain with bragging rights and less to lose.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
I think that if Josh Grant is healthy, he will get second. The East may have more battles than the west, but I think that it is clear that the west is faster in SX.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
kx__ken said:
I like the kid.

My biggest hope is that he'll have something for JBS when he moves up. I'd be happy to see him take a big boy title.
He has to get past Chad Reed to get anywhere near Stewart, and that sounds like a long pipe dream.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
Red Mamba said:
He has to get past Chad Reed to get anywhere near Stewart, and that sounds like a long pipe dream.

Actually RV had better lap times on two occasions, then Reed. And he was only a 10th of a second off Bubba's best times....

Last year during the Nats, RV was constantly within a few clicks of the top 450cc guys.

Of course RV has a long, long way to go. But the kid just turned 18 and he is every bit as impressive right now, as Bubba and RC were at the same age...

The thing is, that we won't see it for a couple more years anyway since RV has said he will stay in the Lites class for at least another season after this year.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
funkypunk97 said:
Actually RV had better lap times on two occasions, then Reed. And he was only a 10th of a second off Bubba's best times....

Last year during the Nats, RV was constantly within a few clicks of the top 450cc guys.

Of course RV has a long, long way to go. But the kid just turned 18 and he is every bit as impressive right now, as Bubba and RC were at the same age...

The thing is, that we won't see it for a couple more years anyway since RV has said he will stay in the Lites class for at least another season after this year.

Dont put too much into practice. The main event is what counts. Reed was hurt at A1.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
funkypunk97 said:

Always remember when comparing laptimes the tiddlers are out first and get a smoother track to run on.

funkypunk97 said:

I'll decline comment on RC's 125 years since I was at the Golf course more than the MX track back then and I really think RV is the next likely person to challenge James, however he is not even in the same galaxy as James for impressive 125 class action.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chili said:
Always remember when comparing laptimes the tiddlers are out first and get a smoother track to run on.

Exactly.

Also, stringing together a whole race of consistant fast laps is far more important than clicking off one great lap. I brought a stop watch to Glen Helen in 2004. Every lap I timed him, RC was at 2:45 give or take 1 second. JBS on a 250F that year ripped off a best of 2:45 by my watch, but every other lap I timed him he was 2:50+-. So on the 'best lap' chart, it looks like JBS on a 250F was the same speed as RC on the 450. But in reality, RC was 3 to 5 seconds faster 90% of the time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom