Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Just got back from the Meteor, South Jersey. Praises to ECEA and all the sponsers involved. Many thanks to the workers, sweep crews, starters; ect. This was a great event, the course layout was superb, track condition was awesome, the weather was perfect, couldnt ask for a better day.
They sent the C class out first (9:30 am) and then ran B, A, AA in the afternoon, which was great cause it gave us a chance to watch the pro's after we were done.
Ripinrol finished 9th in C open, I got 11th in C senior. Not too bad considering the amount of riders on the start! Blackfoot got too intimate with a tree in the first lap, knocked the wind out of him, and bruised some rips. But he's ok.
Watching the AA riders was impressive, Lafferty held the lead nearly the entire race, with Joel Dengler rubbing his back wheel the whole time. Its amazing how they stayed within a bikes lenght apart the whole 2 hour race. Very near the end, Dengler managed to get by Lafferty and ended up with the win.
We had a very good spot near the check barrels, I will try to attach this pic of Lafferty with Dengler hot on his trail.

Attachments

• lafferty.jpg
    lafferty.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 156

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Those AA boys are very fast..My quads and triceps are hurtin big time just remembering how fast they really were. The terrain down there was a different syle of riding. Stand up lean back and nail it till you see no more sand in sight.. The woods section was very tight and loonngg too. Doubles, drops, woops, huge kickers were all on the MX section..What a day, It's posted for next year. PK, Woods, wayneo, Dirty, mark it.. :aj:
Now, all I have to do is try to get up off my chair to work in the shop. :)
Nice write up Shaw.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by "rippinrol"
a different syle of riding.
Yea man,...Learning to ride sand is the key down there....sit back, hold it on, and dont let off. :aj: What a great course, come hell or high water,...I will not miss this one next year!
Any you DRNers want to put this on your calender for next year???
We'll be pitting in the same area, very good spectating, you can view nearly 50% of the course right from the pit area.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 131

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom