Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
Who's extremely happy with theirs? What brand? First natural response when falling off bike is to throw your arms out to protect your head. Do that, and you end up with banged up elbows. I bought some fox elbow/forearm guards. But when I land from big jumps, they slide down to interfere with my wrists. These are the ones where the spandex straps criss-cross on my forearms. I had some really old ones that had a strap that went around my bicep for the actual elbow cup area and another strap around my forearm. Those never slid down my arm. I think they were JT. Also, I'd like them to not only protect the elbow but also much of the forearm and possibly fit under my jersey. When I look at pictures on the net or catalogs, I can't really tell what brand might be better than another. And no magazines have ever tested different ones. Any feedback would be appreciated.

fitter

Aug 31, 2006
I have a set of Evs elbow guards and I think they're great. They are the sleeve kind, so there is no straps to tighten, and they never slip down on me. They also have pretty good fore arm protection, and i think are very comfortable.

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
No Fear

Hi there,

I have been using No Fear Empire elbox and knee guards worn 'on the skin' and race for 3 hour HnH's with no problems at all...cheap'ish with no issues :nod:

cheers

Richard

mex_ros

Aug 2, 2006
I recently baught a pair of six six one elbow guards, their quality is great but the problem is that the straps which go around the forearm are very long and the elbow guards were sliding not only in jumps but in any move i made.
So i cut the straps shorter and i put a new Velcro.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Shawn007 said:
I bought some fox elbow/forearm guards. But when I land from big jumps, they slide down to interfere with my wrists. QUOTE]

Shawn.

I use the Fox elbow guards and had the same problem. Wound up using a couple of nylon ties from the top of the elbow guards to my chest protector (shoulder guards). That way you can leave the straps loose so they don't cut off your circulation and they dont slide down.

Just my $ .02

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
I'm using the Alpinestars Reflex elbow guards. They use mesh sleeves for the forearm and bicep, and cinch using a crisscross strap for the forearm. They stay put, are protective, comfortable and relatively cool. They are bulky, but will fit (with little room to spare) under an XL jersey.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I had the same problem with my SixSixOne elbow pads sliding down all the time.

I solved it with a SixSixOne Pressure Suit, which has the elbow pads integrated into the sleeves. Plus it adds a back protector; something rare in the dirt bike world.

All it required was a jersey two sizes larger than normal.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
HRP elbow/bicep guards, tied into the bicep guard of my chest protector, to prevent them from migrating down to my wrists.

The elastic elbow guards I've tried have all led to arm pump/cramps.

Top Bottom