Elbow pads

Badgas

Aug 8, 2001
Looking for some new elbow pads. Any ideas? I can't remember the brand I have now. Thor or MSR i think. I really don't like them. They have the two straps that cross over on your forearm. I have a problem with them pumping up my arms at first, then being way to loose towards the end of the race. They end up around my wrists. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gas
:cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I like my Fox guards but they are held on with an "X" of elastic so you may be back where you are now.

thermal

Sep 25, 2001
I have the new Fox Extreme pads. They don't have the x staps, just 3 across your arm. I have small arms and they fit great, but I would try em on 1st if you have big arms.

Badgas

Aug 8, 2001
Thanks Patman and thermal. For a second I didn't think anyone here wore elbow pads. I didn't wear them this past HS, big mistake. Hooo my poor arm!! What about the EVS and the Acerbis that have the sleeve type thangamubob that holds them on. They look comfy. Any comments.

Hey Pat, hows the trials gig going? I need to get with Tex and ride some. The Monty has been sitting in the storage shed collecting dust.

Thanks,

Gas
:cool:

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I have Moose elbows guards, which they know longer make. They are hard plastic.

The neat thing about them is that they have straps that connect to the arm protectors that are part of the CP. The straps keep them from slipping down your forearm.

No doubt it would be very easy to rig up most elbow guards to work with same way with most cps

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I didn't wear elbow pads either, until I started riding in NY and crashed on a rock! :eek:

I bought both Dave and I a set of the O'Neal (Azonic) elbow pads. They have a netting sleeve, as well as two straps to hold them on. My only gripe is that the adult size is pretty large for my arm. They end up coming down to my wrist!

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I have the evs elbow guards. My arms are pretty skinny but since the pads are kinda formed to a bent shape they stay on pretty well. When I ride I forget I even have them on. They are made of mesh material with elastic at the top and bottom, and it has plastic plates that are molded to your elbow but are flexable with your arms. I like them.

onfire

Jul 23, 2001
I have a pair of older Fox 911 elbow pads, and love them. They're very comfortable and nonrestrictive. I looked at the fox web site and saw that they changed the style compared to the style that I have. Mine are a slip on type, where as the new style has a three strap system. They're under the bike section of the site. You might want to check out some mountian bike sites also, to see what they offer.

http://www.foxracing.com/products/bike/guards/911elbowguards.htm

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…