Jan 27, 2000
Entries for the Elsinore GP are open.

You can enter on line this year at www.goateyewear.com

See ya there. :thumb: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I just fired up my thumper a few minutes ago (first time I was able to for three months). :flame: :yeehaw: This means I've got considerable strength back, but it's still unknown if I'll be able to race in November.

I may be out to spectate anyway. :thumb:

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tony,

Are you doing the TWMC event the on Sunday?

I think I'll sign up for the sat 9am 125 race also to get a fresh run at the course in its best condition. Last year late Sundays race was very very rough.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'm not sure if I'm doing the TWMC event or not. I signed up for the Saturday race just in case I decide to do the enduro on Sunday.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Man if it wasnt for the cost, Id consider racing. Instead Ill spectate and live the race through you guys. I hope it rains the night before the race again this year. That was one big mud track the first 3 races and was fun to watch.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
The guy who installed my satellite dish, from Elsinore, says this is the last year. Like Carlsbad, I've heard this for a long time.

What's the sense for another year of Elsinore GP's?

And, what is a logical class for me to enter, for those who've watched me ride/fall.

+40
YZ400F

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Tony W.

The +40 Novice class could also be named the "middle age crisis" class. The number of entries in this class is huge (far greater than the +30 class). I tried it last year on my 125 without much luck (I didn't like to go real fast). :confused:

The 125 class is loaded with young sandbaggers.

Take your pick.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
It's true. The 125 class is a bunch of sandbagging kids. It's the class that I ran in last year and I'm going back for some more abuse this year.

Best part is that it's only going to cost me $100 for that niffty finishers pin. :scream:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tony,

I ran the 30 vet last year on Sunday. It was loaded with riders, not neccesarily sandbaggers just a ton of entries. Also, the course was hammered after 2 days of racing and rain. Rocky whoops mostly. I promised myself I was going to enter the 1st race to get the cleanest shot at the track. I'll be in the 125 class on my 250F. Of course everyone else in the class will have the same conditions. Like Tony said. $100 for that finishers pin, but its a blast. :yeehaw:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Hey while I wont be able to have the pleasure and fun riding the race, I will be able to kick back and watch you guys with a cold beer in the hands.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I'd betcha the 40+ Novices are faster than the under 30 Novices. I did a couple of Dez races a few years back, and all the guys that beat me were in my class, (30+) , and all the guys I beat were under 30!

P.S. Disclaimer for you smart @$$e$: yes, a few years back was QUITE a few years back!

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
I'll be racing again this year. I came in 9th out of 16. It was my first race. I plan on going back this year and doing better! Womens beg.class. Look for me! I'll be out there with all those sandbagging 125 riders. Trying to stay out of their way! Laurie YZ125

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
E-Ticket and The Ant just signed up... this will be our fourth time.

Woo-hoo! See ya' there!

-- E-Ticket

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Oh yeah, the details:

The Ant (Susan), '03 BBR-230
-- Women's Novice on Saturday
-- +50 Beginner on Sunday

E-Ticket (Randy), '03 KTM 450 EXC
-- Open Novice on Saturday
-- +50 Novice on Sunday

Cheers!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by tristan68
can someone tell me what its like? how long is it? what is the layout like. any rough sections? i'm clueless.

Tristan.

The course is aprox. six miles long. The leader will go for 40 to 45 minutes and everyone behind will be flagged off. The course is mostly dirt with several pavement sections thrown in.

Most of the really high speed sections have been taken out over the last few years which evens up the spread between the small bore and big bore bikes.

The course is a lot of fun. Many elevation changes and a couple of drop-off's onto the street. At the end of the second day the mountain road section leading back into town gets a little rough. Lots of holes and sharp edges that can blow your tires out. There's a couple pretty fun jumps, but you don't have to jump them if you don't want to. There is a water hole, but you can also avoid it if you want. I would recommend avoiding the water hole. One year, some kids threw a bunch of old tires into the water hole on saturday night. Made it very interesting for sundays races. You couldn't tell they were in there until you hit one. :scream: Lil' Bastages.

Don't sightsee when your on the mountain road. It's easy to do if you break concentration and start looking at the lake. Lots of people have done this and found themselves over the edge. It's a long way down. :scream:

The Elsinore GP is a classic event. Everyone should do it at least once. :yeehaw:

Tony.

I have seen you ride. You will do great in the +40 Vet class. :thumb: Every year there are rumors that it will be the last year. I talked to the promoter a few weeks ago at a meeting and he said they still have their contract for more events. The town is closing in on the course and some sections have been removed due to development. The race brings a lot of income to the City of Elsinore so, the City fathers don't want to see it go.

Randy, Susan. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this year. Is Firelilly and her crew coming?

Last edited:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Yah... looking forward to the race and all the SoCal crew!!

Yup, I just started my "shame on you" campaign to get Buddy, FireLily, Pierre, Jennifer, and Mick to do it again. <grin>

Cheers! - RandyB

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by Ol'89r
I have seen you ride. You will do great in the +40 Vet class. :thumb: Every year there are rumors that it will be the last year. I talked to the promoter a few weeks ago at a meeting and he said they still have their contract for more events.

Sounds great... I think I'll do that, but I'll wait a few weeks to be sure I can get in riding shape. Really have only ridden the bike a handful of times in the past two years. This darn job 180 miles from my house makes it hard. I'll probably enter my 14 year old in the 125 beg on Sat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom