Emgo Handguards

Simon Fuller

May 17, 2001
Just installed some aluminium reinforced emgo hanguards. Had the bike leaning on the trailer and it tips over. The hand guard bent so badly that it jammed the brake lever and the plastic shield shattered :mad:

Crappy product or faulty batch? Anyone else had experience with these handgaurds?

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I had a pair of their Acerbis Rally (no metal) guard knock-off's on my 98 380MXC and they broke pretty quickly. I would not buy any BB's from them again.

Scrambler400

Nov 29, 2000
I've had three friends with the Emgo's ( I feel bad cause I suggested them ) that have bent upon impact. Avoid them if you can.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Emgo's are a cheap man's version of the Acerbis Pro Rally. I have the Pro rally on my 00 KTM250exc and its taken several spills and one accidental fall over and my Pro Rally guards have saved my levers from breakage and have never deformed or bent.

You can get them from Rocky Moutain for $62.99
http://www.rockymountain***.com/home.asp?sid=00067116

I have a couple of friends have the Emgo verison and they were junk. They look nice and strong and look identical to the Acerbis, but they don't hold up.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
My kid has abused a set of Maier Universal XC Pro hanguards and they have held up great. There's no metal in them, but it seems like the may be a better cheapskate's alternative than the Emgos.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I have used both the Emco plastic handguards and their rallypro copies. The mounting hardware is inferior and the plastic is extrmely brittle. In this case you really do get what you pay for. I am currently using Moose aluminum handguards and fashioned a pair of deflectors from an old flat number plate that I cut in half and used selftapping sheet metal screws to mount them on the handguards. I have used this setup on 4 different bikes and they work great!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I have the Acerbis all plastic guards on my bike but bought the universal Maier guards for my son's YZ. The Maier seem just as good as the Acerbis and were much cheaper.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…