Enduro/HS '02 CR250

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
Hi, I just acquired a very slightly used '02 CR250 that I would like to setup for Enduro/HS. I realize that a revalve is a must but what would beyour opinions on the correct spring rates for a 174lb rider. I checked the RaceTech page and they recommend .41's in the forks and then keeping the variable rate 5.0/?? in the rear.
Any recommendations?
Thx!!

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
I have an '02 Cr that is set up for offroad. I would try the stock springs first as is (.43 front and 4.9 straight rate rear). Have you ridden the bike off-road yet and if so, what did you notice?

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
No I have not ridden the bike yet but I have some races coming in Oct. so I want to have it setup very soon so I can get some time on the bike.
It seems that the forks are pretty stiff, by the seat of the pants though.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Factory Connection does a great job on CR suspension for the woods - I would urge you to contact them. They sponsor one of the top riders in your area (dave wood) and he rides an '02 CR. I have one of his old bikes with Factory Connection suspension and it is incredible in the woods, even though I ride much slower than him.

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
Hey Dave! Do you know how much that would set you back to have Factory Connection do the suspension?

DEGBERT

Jan 30, 2001
Give MX-tech a call, my buddy has a 01 CR 250 that they set up for the woods and it works great. It even works good on the MX track with some clicker adjustments. Who ever you pick, I would get the suspension done ASAP, the stock CR suspension is almost unridable in the woods.

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
I found out that it's around $500 including shipping.
I really want to get the correct spring 1st then decide whether to revalve
or not. So, I was hoping for input on the possible rates to use for my weight. I guess that I'll just use the RaceTech guidelines and go from there.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…