Engine rattle KLX 110

Feb 25, 2001
When I rev out each gear If I get to high in RPM the engine rattles and makes a grinding sound. Cant be good what makes it do this ? It dosent really affect the performance other than I cant rev out to far because I get worried about the sound of that rattle,shake and whine. what do you think would make this happen ?

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Alot of the four strokes with the horizontal cylinder do this... the ct-70 and at the track today I heard a couple of xr70's make that noise when revved out. Not saying its normal, because yours could be alot louder than the rattle from the bikes I described.

uoof1

Mar 25, 2002
Just returned from the dealer. They thought that my daughter was putting pressure on the kick start lever, and the ratchet mechanism was making the noise. Possible I guess, I will check her feet placement next time I hear the noise. Kevin

drjperrin

Aug 5, 2002
I dont have that problem on my sons klx, so i'm not sure what it might be. The bike is however a total slug just off close throttle to the point that it bogs before hooking up. It seems to go away when I take the air filter out during an experiment. Any suggestions for a safer fix???

JP

uoof1

Mar 25, 2002
I have run ours from 4000 foot elevation to 11300 foot and it has run flawlesly. If yours is still on waranty I would have it checked. I have mine in the shop now checking the rattle. I just want to have a paper trail as ours goes off warranty soon. My air filter leaks dirt past the filter, which is no up to use in the dirt. First leaking filter in 30 bikes I have owned. I also turned in a complaint on this with the dealer. I would suspect a clogged jet on your bike that is running poorly. Kevin

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…