petmond1

Nov 22, 2001
Hi Guys, I'm hoping 1 of you KDX guys can help me. My son's 1984 kdx needs a complete bottom end, I'm wondering if anyone out there has a (GOOD) complete engine, or bottom end. Very Very interested. Thanks,Pete

MARC

May 8, 2002
you didnt say why you need the bottom end but will assume its worn out. If its just normal wear a tear and you dont have a rod sticking out through the side of lower case halves I would take it down to the crank or bring the whole bottom end (cases and all) into a good mech. or machine shop and have them rebuild it, it should end up being way cheaper and you will know what you have when youre done, chances are you wont find many good lower ends just sitting on a shelf ready to go but who knows? A good shop can dissasemble the crank, replace the bearings and put new seals in it and you will have as good as new. I've also seen in a few of the dirtbike magazines where you can buy complete crank assemblies for not alot of dough.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
hey, i have and 85 kdx motor laying around. it is a 200 also. it is good all aorund but it has a bad lower rod bearing. give me a pm or something if you are itnerested, but it sounds like you wont be.
Tim

petmond1

Nov 22, 2001
Tim, I may have responded to soon to your offer. I'm not sure this assembly is going to work out. Is there any thing else wrong with it besides the big end bearing,have you done any kind of leak down test? is this complete? thanks,Pete

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom