whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Hey guys, I haven't raced in a long time but I'm thinking about getting back into it....
Anyway, being new to this site I reently noticed that it had a section devoted to mods and Eric Gorr...
In 93' I had the cylinder of my brand new cr250 ported by Eric Gorr...That bike was fast in stock trim...When I got the cylinder back I put everything together and got ready for my next practice session....
The bike was STRONGER EVERYWHERE...Where it did have a lull on the bottom followed by a hit in the middle that reved to the moon..The EG ported cylinder was MEATY....The bike had a MEATY thrust EVERYWHERE in the rpm range...Crack the throttle at any rpm range and BRAAAAAAAAP!
I was impressed..I mean, I could go into a slow 180 degree corner in 2nd gear and just roll on the throttle and BRAAAAAP...It didn't matter...The bike was so much easier and fun to ride....

Well, I'm going to be buying an 03' CR250 and plan on sending the cylinder straight to EG because of what I've heard about the hitless powerband....I just hope that the bike can be transformed like my 93 was...But it was pretty darnn fast in stock trim...We'll see...

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`m finally going to try out my YZ250 that Eric ported for me a couple months back.Hopefully it`s everything I hope it will be.

Steve

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
What year is your YZ250? Let us know how it works because I'm anxious to hear your opinion of the differences over stock...

Good luck

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I got to take it out today.Other than the jetting being a little rich the bike just plain rocked. I had him do the mo better port job along with the big bore.The power started down in the basement and went up from there and was smooth as butter. No violent mid range hit just real tractable power. I can`t wait until I have a little more time on the top end so I can see how well it will tractor around in a higher gear at low speeds.

Eric thanks for the great work

Steve

Top Bottom