mr.remote

~SPONSOR~
Aug 18, 2001
Has anybody ever heard of Fuel Technologies. fueltechusa.com.
If you scroll all the way to the bottom of their home page you will find a bunch of words. Eric Gorr is one of the people, things listed. Just curious.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I am very curious also especially after remembering RMguy's warning about downloading a vtm rendering program when I clicked on "the right stuff".

this rendering thing although not considered a virus or anything due to bueacratic or legal terminology it is a nuisance to your computer. What happens with this program is that you get a blank box at the bottom of your screen, the computer thinking that you have another window open eating up resources. I am not sure if this program opens up a back door to people with firewalls to get hammerred by pop ups.

I originally thought that the words on the bottom of that web page where aknowledgements but... I dont think so because why would you thank "suspension". I am assuming that those are the AOL keywords or link clues for search engines .

As cynical as I am anybody who has there name on the bottom <Eric?> maybe you ought to look into this. Imagine that you type in "Eric Gorr" in your web browser looking for some work to be done on your bike and this site pops up. Not only are you not getting Eric Gorr but you are being asked to download a nuisance.

Now please excuse me while I go disinfect my computer of this nuisance.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's someone trying to redirect hits from SEARCH engines by using Eric's name. I don't know if it's someone that Eric knows or not, (I'll find out tonight) but either way it's a pretty sleazy thing to do.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
These folks are hard up for hits, no doubt. Thier META tags looks like a read from Websters.
Placing a copy of thier META list at the bottom of a long scroll really makes them look stupid and sneaky.

WFO

Dec 27, 1999
Hey Jaybird.
Don't mean to be off topic on this thread but I can't get my password to work to send you a private e-mail.
Apparently your PC has a virus! You sent me a private response and it came with a mary.jpg.exe attachment that Norton kicked out as a virus.
Just wanted to let you know.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
That whole company looks like a crock. Check out "The RIGHT STUFF" They claim 15% boost in overall power. Whatever, this website is good only for a good laugh or two. "Excepting (Accepting) sponsorships now!" Good grammar/spelling also...

Yes, pretty sleazy.

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
His name is Greg and he buys some piston kits from me. I think he specializes in shifter karts and does the same type of work as me. Engine rebuilds and performance machining. He uses TSR Port2000 software too. I think his shop is in Idaho.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
WFO,
I checked my PM's for the last 100 days and I haven't sent anything to you. This is very disturbing. Was there any other content of the PM?
Okie, are you seeing this???

I searched my computer files and so such animal exists.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry ... PM's can NOT have attached executables. It had to have come from somewhere else.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Is WFO talking about an "E-MAIL" or a Dirtrider.net PM ??

Jaybird, I have been getting the Klez virus from people who have me in their address book 2-3 times a day lately. Klez seems to be surfing another wave of popularity. If you have Norton and updated virus definitions just have it do a complete scan of your computer and sleep well.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
But...but...I've never sent anything to WFO.
Also, the only address book I;ve ever used resides inside Compuserve. I don;t use Outlook or anything like that. Nor do I have an exe like WFO mentioned on my system.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Eric, Rich, Jaybird, but after reading through that site, didn't you see some pretty bogus claims hidden in there? Besides the kinda evil meta tag...

WFO

Dec 27, 1999
Jaybird...I won't belabor this since it wasn't what the thread was about. The strange thing is that the response I thought was from you was for a post that was pretty old. The other weird thing was that I also got the identical e-mail at work. The response to my DR post seemed legit, since it did address the topic of the post, so I assumed it was you. I was just trying to prevent what might have been a virus getting into the membership. With any luck, it was an isolated anomoly.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Studboy
Eric, Rich, Jaybird, but after reading through that site, didn't you see some pretty bogus claims hidden in there?

PRETTY BOGUS???? That's being WAY TOO GENEROUS :thumb:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Sage
looks like a 4 year old could do better.

... as a webmaster and a tuner :thumb:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Even if he'd blank out the text at the bottom of the page by using white as the font color for the text, I would atleast call him a semi-intelligent Moron. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom