Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I like Zio's idea of being a volunteer for a day or maybe half day. Kinda like KP.

Aimee - Regarding photographs, I WILL be totally mobile next year and can guarantee that Natalie (if she wants to help) and I will have many more photos. We got 650 or so between us in basically 2 1/2 days. I will volunteer to work up a group of people that are not riding specific events to make sure and cover it for us. We can then download them to my laptop and sort them by directories like I have for the ones this year.

Also - I think StickerBob had a scrollie sign thingie as well. I don't have one of those but I do have an antique Pearl Beer Neon Sign. It wouldn't be a clock but I could put it on a timer to come on at 6:00 PM, so at least once a day everyone would know the time. :)

Regarding overall schedule, since the majority of us are graphic by nature, a weekly schedule similar to what I get out of Outlook every week would be a great handout. I can put one together in a matter of minutes on my laptop and can bring a couple of hundred copies.

Eddie - You obviously know way more that most if not all of the rest of us about Access. Way Cool Dude. Based upon your comment about typing, I assume you do not use the HPC method!

In closing - This should be EVERYBODY'S vacation.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Aimee - Regarding photographs, I WILL be totally mobile next year and can guarantee that Natalie (if she wants to help) and I will have many more photos. We got 650 or so between us in basically 2 1/2 days. I will volunteer to work up a group of people that are not riding specific events to make sure and cover it for us. We can then download them to my laptop and sort them by directories like I have for the ones this year.
In closing - This should be EVERYBODY'S vacation.

Tony, your final statement is exactly why I wanted to look into having a non participating photographer on location. That way those who go to DW to enjoy it don't have to miss out on any of it by spending their time trying to capture it on film. Although no one can be in multiple places at one time so additional photographers, like you and Nat would obviously be an added bonus. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Tony, your final statement is exactly why I wanted to look into having a non participating photographer on location. That way those who go to DW to enjoy it don't have to miss out on any of it by spending their time trying to capture it on film. Although no one can be in multiple places at one time so additional photographers, like you and Nat would obviously be an added bonus. :)

Aimee, I hear ya. But I love to take pictures and I love nothing more than walking up to a group of people and telling them to gather together and smile for me. I have never found it hard to meet people since I crawled out of my shell, but the camera is what helped me do it.

I can't see adding the cost of a still photographer to the overall mix, although we could surely look into the cost. I know some groups that cover bike races and rides that I go to, and I bet there is a track photographer at most of the tracks the MX guys frequent. BibLou?

I bet there were 100 digi cameras on site. Taking the Zio approach, if we could get everyone with cameras to volunteer to cover one event or take 30 or 40 group shots we could easily cover the entire crowd. As far as getting the copies of the CDs burned, once I built the directories, it is all automated except for changing disks. As for getting copies out, this year is no big deal, but if 200~300 people wanted copies next year, I would want to recoop the cost of the CDs and postage.

I do think it would be way cool to get a good professional video that could be burned onto DVD, and I AM NOT the person for that. That I would gladly spend 20~30 dollars for. If everyone wanted a copy, that would quickly add up.

Regarding vacation, I remember (sorta) a post by Rich that said it very well. Ride a little, meet folks and help out where you can. Now that's the vacation I am talking about.

Besides, now since I have addresses, I might show up on someones front door stoop someday. :)

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Tony, I've been meaning to ask you if you would like for us to help with the cost of the CD's. I'd be glad to shoot you a few $'s for mine.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jay - Don't worry about it this year. It isn't that many, but I could easily see a 2000 ~ 3000 or so photographs next year. That could turn into a bunch of time to copy, and even more so of a problem if all attendees want a set of copies.

I really didn't plan on it this year, it just kinda happened.

Tony

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
eddie i have a generic HS scoring program that a friend of mine is working on. It likely has some things that could help? I use the bigger part of that program for tabulation in d-17 points.

wardy

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wardy, I heard you were gonna score the freestyle events next year at DW!

:yeehaw:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Count me in as a volunteer. I can do whatever/ whenever. Spot, flag, go get someone another beer and bring myself one while I am at it. :)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The big top has a tables (saw hosres and plywood),lights, and portable SOUND SYSTEM. We didn't use the sound system last year, but if we can probably have it there if needed.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
:

I've already been in touch with Bswift about it, but I'd like to find a photographer to be at the event during the day and some of the night.

i recently pm'd okie and recommended a local guy that is also a drn member (cobra314). he does excellent work. mark my words, you will soon see his pic's all over the magazines.

but i'm sure tony can handle it. he did good last year.

here is a link to some of cobra314's pic's:

http://www.performancefactorymx.com/~cobra/59th #2/

Last edited:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Put me down for anything Flagging, etc. Also us cajuns can do a little cooking if the kitchen help will have us. This is my first DW so I don't really know what to expect, but short of cleaning Big Lou's bike I'm up for anything. :)

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sweet TTR Guy, I have some limited experiance programming Access databases and I'd be glad to help run it thur some debug. Heck, It would give me something to do while I am sitting around recovering from back surgery. If it is compatabile with Access 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1, I'd be happy to help out.

Top Bottom