Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Well my rear rim is trashed on my 96 KDX 200. It has a bad stress crack on the inside. I just had the tire taken off to replace it and there it was!!!! I knew the bike took a hell-a-hit but o well. My Q. is,, I want excel rims in black but see that they arent making them in black for my size. I was looking at a stock size for the rear but was wondering if there was a bigger size i could go with to get me to a black rim??? They only sell Regular and Gold in stock size.. Nice but not what i want. I want Black!!!! What do i do???? Thanx -Speedy

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hi,,,Owenlo, Is your rear rim a 18 or a 19??? And if i did go to a 19" rim, would it fit well??? Ill buy new spokes and stuff if it fits well. I kinda hate that little tiny 18" anyway. Matt, did you do this????

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
The 19" will work fine. The overall diameter is the same with 18" or 19" after the tire is on. The off road bikes come stock with an 18" wheel to allow for additional rubber on the tire if you get a flat out in the bush and have to limp it back to the truck.
Lew

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom