Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
05 KTM 300EXC.

I am in the process of rebuilding the engine. The Exhaust power valve (flapper valve) is really coated with carbon build up. In the past, on my other bikes, I have used "easy-off' oven cleaner with great results. Anyone else use it on their KTM's or how have you cleaned the valve and surrounding area on your engine. I don't want to ruin the valve if it is to harsh on this type of metal.

Thanks.
Mully

digifox

May 25, 2006
Carb. cleaner??
The stuff that you buy in a gallon can(like paint) it will eat carbon off anything, also likes to eat gaskets/rubber and your skin

Also the kind in an spray can may get most of it off(spray it on, and genitally scrub with a toothbrush or rag)

IDK if you`ve tried it before but Lucas Inj/carb cleaner*run it through about every other tank to keep it uber clean* i run it and i hardly EVER see carbon on my piston(2T)

jonboy99

Jun 14, 2008
digifox said:
Carb. cleaner??
The stuff that you buy in a gallon can(like paint) it will eat carbon off anything, also likes to eat gaskets/rubber and your skin

Also the kind in an spray can may get most of it off(spray it on, and genitally scrub with a toothbrush or rag)

IDK if you`ve tried it before but Lucas Inj/carb cleaner*run it through about every other tank to keep it uber clean* i run it and i hardly EVER see carbon on my piston(2T)

:yikes: :yikes: I am not dedicated enough, LOL! :rotfl:

Top Bottom