lmidden

Feb 15, 2010
ive been modifying an old yz125 expansion chamber to fit my yz100 i was wondering if anyone knows how i can fill the holes in expansion chamber with out a welder? every time i try the welder the hole gets bigger

KX_OUTLAW

Feb 7, 2010
Use an oxy/acetylene torch and brazing rod. Clean the carbon off the weld area inside and out. (heat it to burn it off, wire brush. Then heat and braze).

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sounds like maybe you should just take it to a professional welder and let them weld/braze it.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
What kind of welder??

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
If the hole is in a thin section or is a big one, first make a patch, use a piece of wire tacked to it to get it inside the pipe & where you need it to be, then braze or weld it in place. Cut off the wire when finished. Basic skill & common sense, not magic. If the whole was caused by rust, don't waste your time, scrap it & get an other pipe. :ride:

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Tig welding is 10 times slower then Mig welding. If you are burning through, then something is wrong. Either your Tig welding skills are off, or like said above the metal is too thin due to rust.

Turn the heat down, and take your time. Cut out the metal past the rust.

lmidden

Feb 15, 2010
i cant get another pipe it had extreme mods in it to fit my bike and i cant buy the real pipe for the bike bc the one guy who has the pipe wont part the bike out he wants to sell i whole i cant get it bc its 3000 mile away from me. so im just gonna have a professional welder finish the pipe on tuesday

Top Bottom