exhaust performance

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
i've got a PC r304 shorty and i recently was reading around on the PC site and came across some silencer repacking. In the add it said that if your packing is blown out, your bike will seem slow and sluggish. To make a long story short, i have had some problems lately with my bike being SLOW AND SLUGGISH but i just repacked my silencer. The kick is that i didnt repack it with the PC silencer repacking but rather with some household fiberglass insulation. Could this be the simple explaination why my bike is not pulling through each gear like it used to? its obvious that the silencer was originally packed with the PC stuff, so will repacking it with some insulation really affect the top end of the power curve? :|

Thanks in advance. :p

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I use the home fiberglass insul. also but i change it quite often. You have to be more careful with this stuff though. You cant just rip out gobs and stuff them in your silencer. You need to tear the insul. into even sheets about the length of your silencer. Then start rapping them around the core until you have enough to fill the silencer chamber. This stuff will become saturated fairly quick so you must change it often. If you didnt do it this way then you should redo it and see if thats the problem. :thumb:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…