Jared913

Feb 8, 2003
I have heard that from factory the exhaust ports are large thus wearing rings out very fast.Has anybody heard this and is there anything I can do about.Because as soon as our bike gets warmed up it start to loose its power, Help.

Jared913

Feb 8, 2003
Originally posted by Jared913
I have heard that from factory the exhaust ports are to large thus wearing rings out very fast.Has anybody heard this and is there anything I can do about.Because as soon as our bike gets warmed up it start to loose its power, Help.

Sean Hilbert

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 30, 2001
A couple of questions:

What year of King do you own?

What condition is your clutch in? The reason I ask is that the clutch being out of adjustment is very often the reason behind the perception that the engine is loosing power -- it's actually the clutch not transmitting power.

Jared913

Feb 8, 2003
My is a '99 King I just got the bike from the shop yesterday from getting new clutch washer put on it.The clutch engages by rpms so why would the clutch come out of adjustment only when it get warm. The bike is just driving me crazy.We were going to try the new clutch washer today but we have about 5" of snow on the ground. But the reason we changed the clutch washers was it was the only thing that wasnt brand spanking new on the bike from a result of trying to found this problem.So if there is some kind of adjustment on the clutch that is causing this please fill me in... Thanks Lynn

Sean Hilbert

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 30, 2001
If your clutch springs are new (and stacked properly), the first thing I would do is a pressure check of the cases. An air leak could be causing the overheating you speak of, or if it's a crank seal issue, you could be pulling clutch oil into the engine after it heats up.

Jared913

Feb 8, 2003
I have already done an air check on the case it didnt have a leak but I went ahead and split the case and replaced both crank seals and crank bearings since I had it down.I still have the same problem.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom