crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
ok i messed up my stock pipe. i took it off right after and there was that paper thin gasket type thing that went between the pipe and engine. i finally got my fmf (which i had to muscle on) and i couldn't find that gasket. what do you need it for and is it necessary?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yes

Yes, thats an exhause gasket and you should keep it on, in fact your bike may lose a little bottom end with out the gasket. It might leak out the exhaust port too. I suppose I could be wrong, you could ride the bike with out it to see if you like it but I expect that it serves a purpose. IMHO.

Cr80rbRider

Oct 20, 2001
Hey. Definitely replace that pipe gasket. If you don't oil will get all over your crankcase and other places. It's not fun too clean up after every ride. I had a hard time putting my pipe on as well, but then after 1hr I realized I could adjust the mounting screws to hold it in place. lol. But for sure, replace that pipe gasket! Later

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
well if all i have to worry about is oil that isn't a problem cause i have to wash my bike after almost every ride anyway.

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
That gasket is called an *exhaust* gasket for a reason you know...

If the gasket isnt in place, exhaust will seep thru the head and around the pipe. In other words yer gonna have a second exhaust pipe pointing straight out the front.

Its not nice to have exhaust pouring out of your cylinder head, believe me. Sure its not bad while going, but its kinda nice to let your bike idle a little while talking to buddies, checkin out the trail ahead, or any other reason.

just my .02

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
actually it only idles now that i don't have it in. there could be a tiny leak in exhaust but my bike is currently running very rich and smokes a lot before it gets warmed up but my dad looked at it when i started it and saw no white smoke. it also seems to be working great and no oil is leaking.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom