Fairly specific mixture question...

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Just got a 50cc 2 stroke race bike. The manufacturer calls for 50:1 premix. Since I use 32:1 for all the other bikes and don't want to have to mix a separate batch, I figure I can jet for the same on this one. I think it's already jetted rich, so since I'll be running leaner anyhow I'm gonna try leaving it set like it is for now .

My question is whether or not running a richer fuel/oil mixture, although leaner air/fuel wise, will increase the spooge, or will more efficient burning of the fuel in turn cause it burn off more of the oil deposits? :think:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
All things equal, the 50:1 mix will spooge more than the 32:1

Maybe you can get some answers from some mini-dads in the mini forum, about what jets you may want to pick up to get it tuned in close. Margin of error in these little engines could be small...I'd proly make baby steps when changing jetting. (shrug)
Be a great time for Jr to learn the art of jetting, as it will probably be him on it while testing.
A great learing experience for both of you actually.

Keep in mind that you need to tune the bike for performance, and not to get rid of spooge. A little spooge is acceptable, and probably better than being on the jagged edge of lean with zero spooge.

Top Bottom