CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Greetings,

Some of you may know that I produce a line of ballistic nylon fender bags for dirt bikes, all of which are probably too large for smaller bikes like 80cc MXers, the TTR125L, etc. Riders use these for carrying tools, spark plugs and such.

I am thinking about adding a smaller bag for the smaller bikes and wanted to ask a few questions.

1) Is there any market - would you put a small bag on your smaller dirt bike?

2) What is the right size? I kind of assume that smaller bikes go with smaller kids, so parents are along with most of the tools. Perhaps 8x4x2? or 6x4x2?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
i know a few people that would love to have them on their CR80's. My cousins 15 and still rides an 80, an hes on the small side, so large waist packs are an annoyance...how much for a fender bag ( capable of holding 2 spare tubes, and tire irons) for a CR250? since u make them.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
What size for the CR80? I'd love to get some responses here!

2 tubes & tire irons? I make one that is 10" long x 6" wide x 3" high that I think you could cram two regular duty tubes into. You can easily fit 1 tube, irons, CO2 and patch kit into the 4" wide bag that I also make.

But why would you carry 2 tubes? I carry 1 21" that will go in front or back (in emergency). But hey, whatever you want.

1 large, ballistic fender bag - $43 deliver to your door (U.S.).

You might want to check out www.dirt-bike-gear.com.

Thanks

Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
I race alot of tight woods at a competitive speed(try to at least), and hate wearing a tool pack around my waist, because it gets in the way. Sometimes I go without a pack, but I'm really scared I might need tools. My uncle has a fender pack, and he seems to like it, but I can't find any that will fit my kx 100. I think a mini-bike fender pack would sell well. I'm not quite sure what the dimensions should be, but big enough for a spark plug and spark plug wrench, clutch and brake lever, and a couple wrenches(maybe some zip-ties). If you come up with anything post it on the forum please!!!!!!!, I'd be interested in buying one.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Ryno149,

Thanks for your response, however lack of interest in this thread has made it apparent that there isn't much of a market for a mini-bike fender pack. I'm sorry to leave you in a lurch.

Do you have anyone that could sew for you? A simple bag of cordura nylon would be pretty easy to sew.

I may produce a smaller bag next year, intended for hare scramblers and smaller bikes. I'd have to do some measuring to found out what would fit on a range of bikes. If I do I'll let you know. If you have an email, give it to me and I'll notify you.

Dan

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I wouldn't give up on the idea so quickly CO Dan, the mini forum generally doesn't get the volume of users reading messages as the other forums do, you might try posting a poll in the general forum where more people could see. It seems as though offroad gear for mini bikes is really lacking and I'm sure with the popularity of the ttr-125 there should be a market for such items. Good luck.

derekk87

May 29, 2002
i use a pack thats made to fit under the seat of a bicycle seat and i velcro it to my upper fork tube, its big enough to fit a 6 inch crescent wrench to change plugs and a couple of spark plugs.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Hey CODAN, the Missouri Hare Scrambles is alive and has a big Junior following. Like Ryan says, most of the kids don't like wearing bags(my son included). But us dads are always worried about fouled plugs and wire and crap wrapping around their hibs. I would be interested as maybe a dozen more DADS that have juniors riding. A pack big enough for a spark plug, wrench and pliers. and a good mounting system.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
94ruck,

Thanks for your interest.

I'm thinking of a bag somewhat simpler and less expensive than my current bag.

Features I have in mind:
* cordura (instead of ballistic) nylon
* no foam bottom, no key loop, which are features of my other bags
* double-stitched everywhere
* one compression strap to keep things from rattling.
* mounting system - bolt-on, like my other bags
* dimension 6x4x2? your thoughts would be welcome...

I should be able to sell these for around $25-$30, I think.

If you really think there are a lot of folks in the MO HS that might be interested, have them check out my website (www.dirt-bike-gear.com) and take a look at what I currently make. If they send me an email of interest (not a commitment, just interest) in the small bag maybe I'll make some. It would take 2-3 weeks to get 'em made.

Thanks,
Dan

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
CO Dan, how many orders would it take to get you to make a few...I sent you a message via your site.
I ride out there with another guy(he rides out there all fo the time, famous retired motocrossers dad who advertises on drn). He knows many of the trails. We usually park at Taylor res. and ride the single tracks to Crested Butte, Sargents, Pitkin, ETc.) I haven't been this year because of the dryness but my riding crew is heading out in 2 weeks.
Oh, yeah, I ride an 01300exc also!

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Ryno149, kstarr87 and others,

I will have a small bag designed for smaller bikes available by the first part of next week. Not on the website yet, but will be shortly.

Specs:
6 long x 4 wide x 2 high
ballistic nylon
1 compression strap
nylon coil zipper
double-stitching
$22.50, including shipping

Thanks for your interest.

Dan

Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
I've got one of CO DAN's fender bags on, and it works grrrreat! My uncle gave me a tip, he said to put a sponge or folded up old sock underneath and on top of your tools to reduce rattling and vibration, plus if you sit down on top of it the tools don't poke you as much.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom