Figuring out cylinder and piston

CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
I have a 2000 CR125 that needs a new piston and rings. This bike has been through a lot. When new, I had Eric do the porting on the stock 125 cylinder. After quite a bit of use and piston replacements, the piston froze.

I sent it to Eric and got it bored to a 132 (I think). Ran that for a while and messed up after a rebuild and had an air leak and seized it up again.

Eric helped me out and I sent him the modded 2000 125 cylinder. He said he sent me back a 2001 cylinder. I never really checked to see if it was a 132 or back to stock, or even ported. I didn't really care since Eric really helped me out. Keep in mind this was a while ago.

Fast forward a few years. I decide to start riding the 125 again instead of the other bikes. I now want to do the top end and replace the piston, rings, etc.

Finally -- the question.

How do I know what I actually have in order to get the right parts. I don;t have a micrometer, nor do I trust my measurements if I did.

Are there marking that tell me what cylinder I have (124 or 132??) -- what year?

I looked at the piston and can't find any numbers to know what to order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
More Info

Cleaned the piston up and found some numbers. Can't tell what brand to reference them to though.

Piston:

C00J4
676M05400
C5

CYlinder:

A 0AU1T073

it also has a 98 above those numbers. These are the stampings on the intake side.

Any direction would be helpful

Top Bottom