FIM decision on Stewarts conduct

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
From Racerxill on line
RacerX said:
December 07, 2006

James Stewart Penalty Revealed

Racer X has learned that the FIM has informed all of the parties involved of their decision involving the two protests filed against James Stewart at the Toronto SX for conduct on the track. In the case involving Team Makita Suzuki's Ivan Tedesco, Stewart was fined $2,000, and he was given a verbal warning. In the case involving Travis Preston, Stewart was fined $4,000 -- the maximum allowed in such a case. He was also put on probation through May and the final round of the FIM World SXGP series. He will not be docked any points nor will he be forced to sit out a race.

$6000 for the 2 infractions- seems a bit low considerring the carreers he put in danger but by the rules he did get almost the Max.
Fines aside unless it gets JBS thinking a little clearer it was a waste of all our time. At least it is going to be an interesting season for once- Maybe Ricky isn't going to NASCAR but instead bringing NASTAR into SX. Is this going to be the start of rubbing is racing

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I think he got what he deserved.

Someone's stupidity on the track shouldn't risk another racers health/career.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Overall the probation is the only thing of any consequence. Fining James $6k would be the equivalent of fining most of us a penny or two. Bottom line is if he keeps this up the riders will start to take care of it like they usually do, remember MC running James off the track last year?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Remebering MC running him off the track is one of the first things we (at work) talked about. If Stewart keeps getting his mid pack starts, more people to run him off the track. Money wont hurt him, but points and other riders can. Wheres Hannah?? LOL

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
The sad thing is, these guys have so much money that fining them 6k doesn't seem to teach them anything.

Look at Marty McSorley in the NHL for example. :|

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The AMA should step up and suspend his license for 2007.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Sounds reasonable. It's not like he deliberately tried to take those two guys out. He just needs to be a little more careful, and I think he will, eventually. I'll tell you, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kawasaki drop him if he fouls up and crashes out of the championsip this season. They want the title, not race wins; they've told him that. He had better listen. Of course, somebody else would pick him up in a heartbeat, so why should he care?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
The AMA should step up and suspend his license for 2007.
Wouldn't surprise me to see them be that stupid and cut their own throat.
They need to get a messageto him but as I know you are kidding that wouldn't do it

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Isn't about the 6K, the probation will be in the mind which may influence his twist on the throttle for awhile. It is about image, and image sells bikes. JBS hurt the Green Machine where it counts... he got many of his fans, and the dads of these fans under the age of 12 to start looking at another color, possibly blue given CR's performance. Odd how the wheel turns... the man that makes the error actually created his own punishment. Downside it's the Green Team that will suffer the consequences and listen to the mom's that have to return the Bubba Christmas doll in favor the new and improved CR special.

Aggressive riding and rider aggression are not one in the same. As is banging bars and rubbing opposed to the T-bone and rear wheel flip, one is aggressive good racing and part of the sport the other... merely disgrace and disrespect... hope this isn't a start of a new Freestyle SX e.g., carnage, mayhem, blood... might sell DVD's won't sell bikes.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
rickyd said:
Remebering MC running him off the track is one of the first things we (at work) talked about. If Stewart keeps getting his mid pack starts, more people to run him off the track. Money wont hurt him, but points and other riders can. Wheres Hannah?? LOL

This is true.... If he does not show a marked change in his approach right away, other riders are going to make it especially tough for him to make his way around even lapped riders......and for sure a guy like Preston, Wey or Vuillemin with top 5 speed will not make it easy for JBS when he comes knocking.

But I think this will be it for Bubba, I think this will get into his head. I think the recognition of the FIM with the fines will get through to him what other riders have not been able to so far.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
I agree that a $6K fine for JBS is not going to hurt him at all... its like fining me a buck... However, I am glad that the FIM did aknowledge the two incidents and has a probationary period in place. I'm a Bubba fan (among others) and think he is good for the sport, but those types of incidents are not and cannot be tolerated.

It is of utmost importance that every rider in the field is given and gives full respect by and for his peers. He could have ended his AND Travis Preston's careers in one careless moment. Anyone remember Danny Storebeck landing on RJ's wrist?? That injury pretty much ended RJ's career. I am very hopefull that Ivan Tedesco does not have a similar circumstance (I believe he will have a full recovery!!).

Further I am hopefull that not only JBS learns from this incident, but also every other pro in the field, amature, mini-dad, play rider, etc. Its called RESPECT and it has to be given before it can be recieved.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Why not an eye for an eye? Smack Bubba's hand with a blunt object, then force him to double into a stationary bike. Then put him on double-secret probation. That'll teach him.

Top Bottom