Mar 16, 2007
I was on the dirtrider page today and reading something about the fim will be holding the supercross this year in us or something? so does that mean the fim rules will apply to supercross this year? meaning 2t and 4t can race together or whatever it is?

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I don't think the displacement rules apply to the pros. At least not yet. Its for amateurs, you know, the ones who actually BUY the bikes. :nod:

As far as the FIM and AMA series being combined, I think it just means there will be no Canadian rounds.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
There is still a round in Toronto for the 2008 season. The main reason for combining the series is to avoid crowning two champions for what is essentially one series anyway. For the fans who dont closely follow the sport it is somewhat confusing when they crown two champions in Vegas. This also ensures complete participation in every round from riders who are shooting for the championship. They may add an additional round outside of the U.S. for the 2009 season and beyond. Its likely the future international rounds would be in Canada or Mexico just to keep things simple for the race teams. The one thing the teams seem to dislike most about the international rounds is getting their equipment, bikes, and parts to the venue. That is the main reason why a lot of teams arent for rounds overseas and many teams have to put in a lot of effort to send riders to races like the Motocross des nations.

As far as the rules go, I am not sure how they plan on handling the differences between the FIM and AMA rulebooks for the SX series. It is likely that they will make one set of rules for the combined series but I havent heard anything about it yet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom