finally changing jets

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
ok, my kdx125sr has a main jet #145 and a air jet #45 on the catalog it says i can go as low as 110 and 38 i have waaayyyy to much spooge on my bike and really really need to lean it, since i use it on the street and it gets all my shirts full of spots on the back and that sucks, so i guess i can go this low cause it says on the catalog, what do you guys think??

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
That's not the correct approach; putting in the smallest jets offered cuz it says so in 'the catalog'.

Determine the correct main size first. About the only way to do that (reasonably) is to do a WOT plug chop and look at the plug.

Your air jet (or pilot jet or any slow circuit jet) will be chosen based on throttle response.

JUST because you have a spooge problem certainly does not mean you are safe to go as lean as you can.

Good way to stick your bike.

Last edited:

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
what i was asking was if in the catalog it sayas that, its not gonna kill the bike right??? i just wanted to know because i think the jets on my bike are way to big

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I understood the question. Answered it already.

re: 'its not gonna kill the bike right???'

It may well do just that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…