Finally some photos (JasonWho)

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
SWINGARM PICS Im sorry they took so long and the polish job is only a quick one but you should get the idea of what it will look like. I'll post more when I do the whole swingarm. Tell me what you guys think and I know a sticker kit probably wouldn't be a bad start. Cheers tREV :thumb:
http://community.webshots.com/user/kdxer200

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
The swingarm looks really good and it'll look even better with stickers. So do you clearcoat or just polish with Flitz/etc after cleaning to keep the shine?

-G

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thanks guys. Almost Layoutd. GwhII I have clear coated it before but unless you use a really good clear coat it takes alot of the shine away. The rouge I use to polish it with is waxy and leaves a wax film that protects it for a while but it is pretty hard to keep it shiny without a good quality clear coat. Still be prepared to polish it again in a few crashes time. Lol I have RE-polished it a few times now, thats why I'm still contemplating whether to polish the whole thing.

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
Hey Trev, choice looking KDX. Hope you manage to keep the shiny bits away from contact with the ground/trees, etc.

Please tell me that is your Z car in your photo gallery!? Awesome! I am jealous, that thing would hoot.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Its one of those watsimacallits or is it a thingymajig. No seriously though I have no idea. I searched the manual cover to cover and buykawasaki.com but found only pictures of the mounting holes with no thingymajig attached. If I were to guess I would say its to protect the pillion from getting dirty or caught up in the chain. Thats what it is a "chain guard". Thats my guess. We should start a thread "Name this part"..... Anyone got any other ideas?

Attachments

• chain guard.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 89

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Lankytim... I flew to QLD to buy it for a friend and drove it back to Sydney. It was a sleeper, stock 327, 650 holley and 2 speed poowerglide. It broke down three times and nearly got burnt out and left on the side of the road (by us the POS). Very very long story (burned out electrics). Anyway after eventually returning to Sydney it was time for a total rebuild. $30,000 later here it is;
http://mr240z.tripod.com/
Strong 350 chev, 950 double pumper, turbo 350 4300 stall, 300zx IRS rear end. The list could go on forever...LOL. To answer your question I dont own it but Im the designated driver when its cruise time. Its the California model 2 seater with fibreglass rear end.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Itsaoneathem!

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
I think the whatsitmathingajig on the swingarm is a token effort at the chain guard required (to my knowledge) to get a bike road registered in Australia.

KAY DEE EXER, I notice your friend kept the American theme throughout the Datto by keeping the drum brakes on the rear ;) Next time you're the designated driver on a cruise up to Newcastle give me a call so I can check it out! We've got an old 260Z in the graveyard at home (...shame it's a 2+2) and I would love to restore a 240 one day - rubbery-look matt black finish, of course. You don't have a friend with a DeTomaso Pantera too, do you?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Nah but theres a red one GT 5 that parks in a servo on Liverpool rd. Beastie looking things. The brakes were going to be upgraded but they pull up fairly well. When she gets tubbed the billet full spool 9inch detroit 4.11 disk brake end is going in. Yeeeeeeeeeear Harrrrrrr. The IRS diff its got at the moment keeps spitting the $20 side unis. Better that than a centre. For sure if we head up your way ill let you know in advance. Ill take ya for a quick squirt. LOL
Check your email Tim

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…