First 250 ride!!!

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Well today I went to LTM for a quick 2 and a half ride. Well recently I made friends with a guy who is just getting back into riding. Well so this guy has a bone stock 250 CR. And when he asked me to ride it I was flattered... He had known me for approx. 1 hour. Well I took up the offer and rode it. I really didn't think it would have that much more power over my 125.

Man was I wrong. I am now a 250 fanatic. I absolutely loved it. I had way more confidence on it and was clearing jumps I never could on my 125. My first time on a 250 and I cleared the uphill whoops I never did on my 125. I also was clearing the short runway tabletop. Also I was clearing the small whoop sections after the start easily. I never thought I would be able to do these jumps. I thought I didn't have the skill but I do.

And also I don't know why the Hondas got not-so-good reviews. I don't think my next bike will be 125 class legal.

Ok since I was clearing things on the 250 that I couldn't clear on my 125.... Am I too heavy for my 125 at 185.

Jason

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I don't think you're too heavy for a 125. I've never ridden at the track you're talking about so I can't say if you ould do on a 125 what you can on a 250 but I bet the 125 is capable of doing just about everything a 250 can given the right rider. Don't intend to doubt your riding expertise, just that I've seen some guys on 125's do some amazing things.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I have a friend that has a 2000 YZ 125 and he fits it nicely. He pulls a ton of power and weighs 180, so I think you are probably good. He did add an extra bit of fork oil though to stiffen the forks (he was bottoming out a bit.) He likes the light-weight feeling of the 125 more than he likes the power of the 250.

Another friend has a 1999 CR 250R. I jumped on that thing and I will agree with you, they have mucho power. Another guy has a 98 and its nice as well. I ride a 97 KX 250, and it feels like the CR's pull better to me. =]

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…