mnagelsc

Feb 28, 2008
I'm a 23 year old that is looking to get his first dirt bike. I've been doing some investigating and i really like the appeal of a 125cc 2 stroke to start really learning to race on tracks. I just don't know if I'm too big and will loss interest fast if i get a 125 and it is too small.

1) I am 6'1" and 180 pounds

2) I am moderately aggressive and physical

3) I'm planning on riding wood trails and i would really like to start getting into MX.

4) as far as my riding experience goes I've been riding street bikes for about 7 years currently on a Yamaha R6, and have owned a 250 quad in me teen days as well a dual sport 84' Suzuki SP 250 as my first street bike however only went in the dirt 2 twice in the year i owed it. My dirt bike experience is limited to getting to ride my friends 80cc dirt bikes around their yards as a kid.

5) I will be racing.

6) I am very mechanically inclined and intend on doing all the bike.

7) I have no preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)

8) I do not have a dealer i will be using looking for used private sale to get started.

9) i would like to spend less then 1500 on this bike and then invest in a new bike in a few years if all goes well and i enjoy it.

10) I do not live in California. I live I mASS

11) 23 year old

12) I'm really looking for a used bike in the late 90 that runs but needs love. I need a mechanical project to work on to keep my sanity. I guess my big question is should i just go a few older to keep the price down and get a 250 to start on?

May 10, 2007
if you will be racing and have no prior experience i would probably get a 125. at your size though it might be a little underpowered though. it will also be easy to find one in your price range though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom